Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iceville

Options
  • 12-12-2015 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

just wondering about bucking iceville ,has any of you visited this place. i see some bad reviews already about it,,any feed back would be great...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Paul4As

I went to Ice Ville on Friday past.
    My 3&a half year old daughter, wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Would recommend it.
    Really relaxed atmosphere and enough to keep everyone entertained for an hour or so. Just the right amount of people in it.
    No queues at all for Santa. When you first arrive they give you a time to visit him and an Elf DJ also reminds you.
    There is a carousel you can get on as many times as you want, an ice cabin with ice sculptures, story telling with Mrs Claus, various people in costumes interacting with you, food and drink etc.
    I assume the negative reviews were for the first day or so, when you get teething issues.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Paul4As wrote: »
    My 3&a half year old daughter, wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Would recommend it.
    Really relaxed atmosphere and enough to keep everyone entertained for an hour or so. Just the right amount of people in it.
    No queues at all for Santa. When you first arrive they give you a time to visit him and an Elf DJ also reminds you.
    There is a carousel you can get on as many times as you want, an ice cabin with ice sculptures, story telling with Mrs Claus, various people in costumes interacting with you, food and drink etc.
    I assume the negative reviews were for the first day or so, when you get teething issues.

Is it still crazy expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Paul4As

Not sure what the price was...the wife paid for it. She was happier than me with the procedings.
    Although, its about the enjoyment of the kids at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Is it still crazy expensive?

Adult's / Carer's Ticket €12.50
    Children's Ticket €23.50
    Infant's Ticket (Under 2yrs) €8.00
    Children's Over 12's Ticket (No Santa Visit) €17.50
    Family Ticket (1 adult + 2 children) €55.00
    Family Ticket (1 adult + 3 children) €78.00
    Family Ticket (2 adults + 2 children) €67.00
    Family Ticket (2 adults + 3 children) €88.00

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Seems pricey alright but then again value is in the eye of the consumer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Santa's pressie must be fierce expensive! That's a lot to pay for child!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

We paid that much last year as a special one-off for the Aillwee Cave's Santa. Have to say it was really well organized, no further gouging, little ornament for the parents and all the hot punch and mince pies you could eat for the adults. A couple carnival rides, again free and unlimited. Frozen princess and Jack Frost dressed up, readings, puppet show, letters to Santa, and of course a very personalized visit with Santa himself in the caves (he was the real santa as he knew their name, their school, all about their pets and sports and hobbies... somehow). Same crap poundshop pressie tho. Still, in the end it seemed well worth it for a full day out.

Not interested in spending that kind of cash again this year myself, but I would hope they offer something close to the above experience to warrant that kind of price. If not, consider an alternative that is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

I don't know about teething problems but friends were there on Sunday and they though it was crap. Santa didn't even ask the kids what they wanted for Christmas and the pre Santa stuff either wasn't happening or it was crap. So I would say avoid. Loads if complsints on their Facebook page have a look.
    Been reading more reviews and lots are positive so maybe it's sorted now....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Paul4As wrote: »

To be honest, I'd pay the price just for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,446 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

To be honest, I'd pay the price just for this.

Apparently all the music is on minidisc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Larianne wrote: »

Ahh, but I'm sure all the little Saoirse's will enjoy it immensely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Half price family ticket on http://oceandeals.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Larianne wrote: »

Pressies are basic bargain store variety, but still a good day out. The kids loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I know this is an Iceville thread (which maybe should be merged with the previous Santa thread) but we did the breakfast with Santa in Corbett Ct this morning. Organization was a bit of a shambles, but for just €20 for two it was great value and the kids had a great time. Probably too late this year for anyone, but keep it in mind for a good, inexpensive option that is something different (breakfast, magician, meant to be readings which got missed, and skip the queue to see Santa... toys were also the best I've scene... good knock off Mechano set for the young lad and craft set for the wee girl).

Advertisement