Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Credit Bureau Query

• 12-12-2015 8:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭

What are the consequences of having a black mark against yourself in relation to the ICB?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

What are the consequences of having a black mark against yourself in relation to the ICB?

You won't get a loan/ if you get one it will be more expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭Lorne Malvo

ezra_pound wrote: »
    You won't get a loan/ if you get one it will be more expensive.
    Thanks.

I was out of the country recently and forgot to pay stamp duty on a credit card, one incidentally I never used in about 3 years...Rang AIB and they tell me the 40 something euro was written off as a bad debt and now I have a black mark against me with the ICB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭Lorne Malvo

This post has been deleted.

Thanks I will; but I don't doubt it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Lorne,
    I don't believe this will affect your credit rating. As advised I would get a copy of your credit report and if that is the only blip on it and you are applying for a short term loan or a mortgage I would explain the circumstances to the lender. I'm sure they will be sympathetic as it is not a loan or arrears just that you were out of the country and was not aware that stamp duty was added to an account that there were no transactions on for over 3 years. If you have any paperwork to prove that it was just stamp duty it would help.

You could also discuss the situation with the people in ICB and see if it can be removed from your credit report.

Trish

Thanks.

I was out of the country recently and forgot to pay stamp duty on a credit card, one incidentally I never used in about 3 years...Rang AIB and they tell me the 40 something euro was written off as a bad debt and now I have a black mark against me with the ICB.

• Advertisement
Advertisement