Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ray D'Arcy Farcy Show. Dec 12th 1983

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭Hitchens

brutal shít ....just brutal :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

What the actual fûck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,598 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Either this wine has gone to my head, or I'm seeing a Riverdancing Santa.

*soils self*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

RobertKK wrote: »
    There are more sheep in RTE than there are in Wales.

And even the sheep are there reluctantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Tip for rte producers - lay off the mushrooms

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Azrel

Children of some high-level RTE executive no doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭sudzs

Camera work is desperate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Well i’m off to bleach my brain...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Any chance of an oul Christmas song Ray, on your Christmas show? I thought not. Shocking programme. Thank god it's over for 2015.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

You can't beat Banagher!

This show has no redeeming features.

• Advertisement

Sorry Theresa Mannion, but a RIVERDANCING SANTA just broke the interwebs!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Well that was...different :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Azrel wrote: »
    "Vote the RIGHT way"

ffs what an arrogant bitch.

Sorry, but denying people the right to bodily autonomy is wrong. Therefore, repealing the eighth amendment would be the right decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Sorry Theresa Mannion, but a RIVERDANCING SANTA just broke the interwebs!
    it looked like he was wearing bicycle clips :pac:

Just been told by Mr sudz there's going to be a new years revolution and The Ray Darcy show is banned in the sudz household. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

The entire show was was a richness of embarrassment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

The world's largest buffing machine could not polish the turd that is The Ray Darcy show !

Ah at last we've found one positive use of modern technology. Just heard the song on the ad reminded me of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

That was proper nuts

I was expecting a sax solo to jump in

MyLovelyHorse_bigger.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

Ray off for xmas already. Well for some overpaid little pricks init

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

RayM wrote: »
    Sorry, but denying people the right to bodily autonomy is wrong. Therefore, repealing the eighth amendment would be the right decision.

I totally agree, however saying things like "vote the right way this time" will rub some people up the wrong way and sounds condescending.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

sudzs wrote: »
    Just been told by Mr sudz there's going to be a new years revolution and The Ray Darcy show is banned in the sudz household. :(

Sounds like he's a keeper :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I'd be sorry were I the marketing manager for the sponsors Nissan...the slogan is innovation that excites.

This is neither innovation nor exciting.

I have a theory that the LLS has been given the good guests and ray d'arcy the filler sports one....but recommissioned for a second series..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

That was just a weird experience, my brain feels weird after watching it tonight.

Hey Sudz, say that if you're not allowed to watch The Ray D'Arcy Show, then he's not allowed to watch Ryan Tubridy on the Late Late. That'll really confuse him altogether.

• Advertisement

coolhull wrote: »
    Sounds like he's a keeper :D

Can we all move in? :D

:(
    It may receive a hugely mixed reaction from viewers every weekend, but it seems Ray D’Arcy will have to get used to the constantly changing opinions of his show, as it’s been commissioned for a second series.

The chat show was given the green light last night, when RTE decided to give the show another chance.

http://vipmagazine.ie/the-future-of-the-ray-darcy-show-has-been-revealed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,569 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Of course that last dramatic piece was a very odd experience to say the least.

My god. A riverdancing Santy Claus. That is a new one for Christmas I tells ye.

Anyway, good night guys. Thanks for a great thread and thanks for your lovely support for my aunt who is not well.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Azrel

In your opinion.

I'm not gonna get into the whole abortion debate because we could be here all night, but there's a reason why we have a democratic system in place to put such issues to a public vote. If one person dictated the rules, like you or the woman on Darcy tonight, then it wouldn't be very democratic would it.

I don't have any opinion on the 8th amendment and probably won't vote, but telling people which way they must vote because of an opinion you personally hold is not very democratic.

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

vive mr sudz, vive le revolution

• Advertisement

In your opinion.

I would have thought most people were of the opinion that the right to bodily autonomy was a pretty fundamental one. Ireland is one of very few democracies that denies people that right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,744 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

In your opinion.

I'm not gonna get into the whole abortion debate because we could be here all night, but there's a reason why we have a democratic system in place to put such issues to a public vote. If one person dictated the rules, like you or the woman on Darcy tonight, then it wouldn't be very democratic would it.

I don't have any opinion on the 8th amendment and probably won't vote, but telling people which way they must vote because of an opinion you personally hold is not very democratic.

But that was her opinion also. She believes it to be the right thing to repeal the 8th and that people should vote to repeal it - her opinion. What's the big deal?

Can we all move in? :D

Lets try a trial period... friday night 9.30 to 11ish... this could be a massive success! :D

Skid X wrote: »

If the thread here is anything to go by, 90% of his viewers don't like him, but luckily for him, they loyally watch him every week to discuss how they don't like him.

If the thread here is anything to go by, 90% of his viewers don't like him, but luckily for him, they loyally watch him every week to discuss how they don't like him.

Equally, you don't like anything about this thread or the people who post on it yet you rarely find anything else to do with your time when it is live.

Equally, you don't like anything about this thread or the people who post on it yet you rarely find anything else to do with your time when it is live.

I actually like Darcy.

"But RTE has invested so much money in bringing in Ray in from Today FM, the bosses who brought him over would face heavy criticism if they axed his show after one season."

The Irish establishment mentality summed up in once sentence. Make a massive cock-up, but ignore the massive cock-up because acknowledging the massive cock-up would affect the reputations of the lads who made the massive cock-up. And we can't have that.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

RayM wrote:
    The Irish establishment mentality summed up in once sentence. Make a massive cock-up, but ignore the massive cock-up because acknowledging the massive cock-up would affect the reputations of the lads who made the massive cock-up. And we can't have that.

He's the Irish Water of television

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

I would have thought most people were of the opinion that the right to bodily autonomy was a pretty fundamental one. Ireland is one of very few democracies that denies people that right.

You would have thought wrong.

No poll shows majority support for 'abortion on demand' in Ireland.

Fortunately, it would appear that a majority recognise the right to bodily autonomy of the unborn, and so long as that remains the case, there is a good chance that a referendum to repeal the 8th will fail and people like yourself and the woman below will be disappointed.

https://vine.co/v/eLJLjmeXbig

People on this thread appear to be avoiding the main issue at hand, in that we saw a RIVERDANCING SANTA!!

:D

• Advertisement

People on this thread appear to be avoiding the main issue at hand, in that we saw a RIVERDANCING SANTA!!

Right now, on a canvas somewhere in Ireland, Michael Flatley is saying "Ah be jaysus, I never tawt o' that, ta be sure"

It was like Michael Flatley and Spinal Tap had collaborated on a Christmas Tour

Atlantis50 wrote: »
    You would have thought wrong.

No poll shows majority support for 'abortion on demand' in Ireland.

Fortunately, it would appear that a majority recognise the right to bodily autonomy of the unborn, and so long as that remains the case, there is a good chance that a referendum to repeal the 8th will fail and people like yourself and the woman below will be disappointed.

https://vine.co/v/eLJLjmeXbig

what is bodily autonomy of the unborn supposed to mean... ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Fluffy Cat 88

I don't watch it as I can't stand the condescending bore.

I used to listen to him on Today FM a few years ago and enjoyed it, then he changed for some reason - all preaching and obnoxious.

I love this thread though! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'd changed channels way before that came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I used to listen to him on Today FM a few years ago and enjoyed it, then he changed for some reason - all preaching and obnoxious.

He had kids. And became a wierd Irish Jeremy Kyle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I switched over from watching The Bridge on BBC4 to THAT and my mind is still blown this morning!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

A Riverdancing Santy????

WTF

Yea but ya see, ya see, it wasn't the real Santa :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Same here, I can't stand him, so I don't watch. I do drop into the thread occasionally. It seldom disappoints :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

Watching some of this repeat on now and omg how is this show on TV. Ray just isn't suited to TV interviewer. I think a lot of people warm to Ray, although in recent years I personally went off him. Just a crap TV show.

Advertisement