Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Stores Exclusive free €10 Vodafone Topup

Options
  • 13-12-2015 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Dunnes have an advert instore of €10 free topup with €30 Vodafone topup.

I bought this, and received the free €10 topup, but from Vodafone, as part of their general topup offer, given to all €30 topups.

I returned to Dunnes and asked for the free topup exclusive to them, not the general topup up given to everyone by Vodafone.

the manager informed me that I had received the "exclusive" offer, which I had not.

Is this false advertising?

the only reason I purchased the topup in dunnes was their exclusive offer of €10 free.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Oxter wrote: »
    Dunnes have an advert instore of €10 free topup with €30 Vodafone topup.

I bought this, and received the free €10 topup, but from Vodafone, as part of their general topup offer, given to all €30 topups.

I returned to Dunnes and asked for the free topup exclusive to them, not the general topup up given to everyone by Vodafone.

the manager informed me that I had received the "exclusive" offer, which I had not.

Is this false advertising?

the only reason I purchased the topup in dunnes was their exclusive offer of €10 free.
    Does the advert say it's a Dunnes exclusive offer or that it's in addition to anything bonus Vodafone give?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Oxter

The advert, a sign at the Customer Services desk says:

Get €10 free phone credit with every €30 Vodafone Top Up

Christmas Vodafone Top Up Offer

EXCLUSIVE TO DUNNES STORES

I went out of my way to topup in Dunnes, and then found the offer was not exclusive, and applied to all topups from any source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Are you sure this offer is available for all top ups? I can't find any such offer on the Vodafone site.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Oxter

It is on the Vodafone site - on the first page of Vodafone.ie,,,,,,,,,,,Dear Santa top up now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Grand. Just it wasn't showing on the Top Up offers pages.

• Advertisement
Advertisement