Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with UPC cisco 3925

• 13-12-2015 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi Guys,

I'm coming to you get your views if you don't mind.
    I'm facing an issue with Virgin Media (ex UPC) for a couple of weeks now.
    I have a NAS server and I need a modem that is able to handle Dynamic DNS management because here, in 2015, UPC is not giving static IP for residential customer. (not going into the discussion on why I'm not going professional, no tv etc...)

So I succeed after yelling like a cow to get a Cisco EPC3925 modem. I was happy, until I started to get issues on my broadband.
    To make it simple, every 3 months, I had to do a factory reset and loosing all of my config, which was a pain because their signal was ****ty.

I did my factory reset a couple of weeks ago, and it wasn't working again. So the guy told me he will send me a new modem. I highlighted that I want the same one, but (and I make it short again) they sent in a single week 3 modem that were all the technicolor one which doesn't support DYNDNS.

Now, I don't have internet at home, I have a DNS probe issue, and they don't want to do anything as the connection is working fine on my mobile, just my laptop is not connected.

I tried everything, flush dns, reset of modem, etc, but nothing is working on my laptop when my iphone is fine on WIFI.

Do you guys have a way to get a new UPC 3925 modem? Is there something special to tell them?

I could buy another modem and bridge it onto the technicolor but they say that then, I'll not get any support... and this worry me a little bit.

Could you guys advise by any chance?

THanks,
    chap's

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Post on their talkto forum here on boards. Be nice. Get a Cisco again.

Then you can bridge, buy a AC66U or similar, never look back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 chaps

I'm always happy to be nice if at least the person in front of me is listening to me and is really willing to help...
    I had a lot of discussions with VM Customer service, and some of them swear to god that I will receive the correct modem, and it never happened...

I might be a bit fed up but I think there is matter to be...
    I'll speal with them on their talk to board.

Thanks for your help and your quick reply. .

Chap's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

chaps wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I'm coming to you get your views if you don't mind.
    I'm facing an issue with Virgin Media (ex UPC) for a couple of weeks now.
    I have a NAS server and I need a modem that is able to handle Dynamic DNS management because here, in 2015, UPC is not giving static IP for residential customer. (not going into the discussion on why I'm not going professional, no tv etc...)

So I succeed after yelling like a cow to get a Cisco EPC3925 modem. I was happy, until I started to get issues on my broadband.
    To make it simple, every 3 months, I had to do a factory reset and loosing all of my config, which was a pain because their signal was ****ty.

I did my factory reset a couple of weeks ago, and it wasn't working again. So the guy told me he will send me a new modem. I highlighted that I want the same one, but (and I make it short again) they sent in a single week 3 modem that were all the technicolor one which doesn't support DYNDNS.

Now, I don't have internet at home, I have a DNS probe issue, and they don't want to do anything as the connection is working fine on my mobile, just my laptop is not connected.

I tried everything, flush dns, reset of modem, etc, but nothing is working on my laptop when my iphone is fine on WIFI.

Do you guys have a way to get a new UPC 3925 modem? Is there something special to tell them?

I could buy another modem and bridge it onto the technicolor but they say that then, I'll not get any support... and this worry me a little bit.

Could you guys advise by any chance?

THanks,
    chap's

Are you using the 3925 as a modem or as a bridging device? Because the 3925 on its own was never solid without additional cooling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 chaps

Are you using the 3925 as a modem or as a bridging device? Because the 3925 on its own was never solid without additional cooling.

Hi,

I am using it as modem. As bridging is not advised by UPC and they will not provide support in case of bridging any of them modem.

Thanks,

Chaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Ahh ok. You could try put more cooling on it, a few members here have used USB fans powered off the unit itself. But I think its important to remember that the 3925's went EOL a year ago, hardware failures will start to be become common at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you arent going to bridge dont get the Cisco, the 3925 has terrible WLAN. Ask them for one of the new trial units.

Advertisement