Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home PC with light video editing and gaming

Options
  • 13-12-2015 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey guys,

Looking for help again with another PC build for home use. They wanted to buy a MacBook but for what they need I think we can build a PC for much better value.

Fill out the below, it will make it easier for people on here the suggest pre-built PCs if they know your budget and requirements

1. What is your budget? 600-700

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming/Video editing//Internet (minecraft).

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes

5a. If yes, what size do you need. 22-24"

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/CD drive

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? Credit Card

9. When are you purchasing? ASAP

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? I can build thanks

Thanks for your help guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Is your gaming only stretching as far as Minecraft?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Vaxx

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes there won't be much gaming minecraft and LoL would be the most gaming. Mainly for internet, photo and video work.

i3 6100 €125
    H1110M board €50
    8gb RAM €50
    1tb HDD €50
    250gb SSD €90
    Case €60
    300w PSU €40
    Total €465

No need in going any higher imo, give a shout if you think otherwise

Thanks digital, where did you get the prices from. I used to buy from hardwareversand.de

mindfactory, alternate, computeruniverse or amazon, we tend to avoid hwvs now.

Use skinflint.co.uk with german stores on to get a few bob off

• Advertisement

Great thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

You could drop that SSD to a 128GB to shave off €45, and put that into a monitor and peripherals. Obviously, the Skylake iGPU is quite bad, so I'd advise them to play at 720p.
    The Cooler Master Devastator Keyboard and Mouse bundle is about €50, and a cheap 1080p monitor from ACER will only cost about €115.
    Windows...well with all the revoked key issues on Reddit right now, I would only recommend the legit USB drive. Don't get Discs because they break and require a DVD player. That's about €110.
    So DS's build: €420
    Keyboard and Mouse: €50
    Monitor: €115
    Windows Key: €110
    Total: €695

Advertisement