Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asrock z77 pro 4 3 short beeps sometimes when booting

Options
  • 13-12-2015 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey guys, Went to use computer this morning and it made 3 short beeps. I checked the error code and saw it is to do with ram failure. So I took one chip out, same thing, took second chip out and put back in the first one, same thing.
    Put them both back in same thing and tried different slots doing a similar thing.
    In the end I put it back the way it was at the beginning and tried it out of curiosity and it worked. I restarted the computer multiple times and sometimes the beeps would happen others it wouldn't.
    Is this normal for this type of error?
    From Asrock site. Exact error: 3 short Main memory read / write test

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

johnindbz wrote: »
    Hey guys, Went to use computer this morning and it made 3 short beeps. I checked the error code and saw it is to do with ram failure. So I took one chip out, same thing, took second chip out and put back in the first one, same thing.
    Put them both back in same thing and tried different slots doing a similar thing.
    In the end I put it back the way it was at the beginning and tried it out of curiosity and it worked. I restarted the computer multiple times and sometimes the beeps would happen others it wouldn't.
    Is this normal for this type of error?
    From Asrock site. Exact error: 3 short Main memory read / write test

Try testing the ram with memtest, you can boot it from a usb key if you have one handy

• Registered Users Posts: 10 johnindbz

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Try testing the ram with memtest, you can boot it from a usb key if you have one handy

I did that just now. It did its beeping 3 times then started and did the test.
    It passed no problems. It might be worth noting that I have had the computer for 2 years now. All working until today.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

Well, I guess you just have to ignore it. Is the RMA really worth your while, when the Z77 is out of production?

Eoinmc97 wrote: »
    Well, I guess you just have to ignore it. Is the RMA really worth your while, when the Z77 is out of production?

Defiantly not. You think it is the motherboard aswell so?

Eoinmc97 wrote: »

Definitely not. You think it is the motherboard aswell so?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

My Z77 Sabertooth was behaving oddly with RAM before it went to silicon heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

I had a similar problem with mine. It also wouldnt recognise some of my ram. Turned out to be the bios rom chip. I got a new one for a couple of quid of ebay and it fixed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

conor-mr2 wrote: »
    I had a similar problem with mine. It also wouldnt recognise some of my ram. Turned out to be the bios rom chip. I got a new one for a couple of quid of ebay and it fixed it.

Funnily enough I got a bit more life out of mine with messing with the BIOS ROM too.

would you guys know if this motherboard would be able to replace the one that is breaking?

ASRock H61M-VG4 Intel H61 1155 Micro ATX 2 DDR3 SATA2 PCIe3

Advertisement