Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brie De Meaux

Options
  • 13-12-2015 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭

Picked up a few cheeses in Dunnes there for breakfast. One of them was a Brie De Meaux. What I noticed after I went to eat it was that the skin had developed an orange tinge. I was under the impression that orange or red on cheese was bad. Then I googled a little and one link suggested that this particular Brie can go a bit orange?

Eat it or bring it back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

If it is within the normal range for the cheese, I wouldn't worry.

Orange or red skin is not necessarily bad. In rare instances, some orange-skinned cheeses (Reblochon and Vacherin) have been found to have serious levels of listeria on the skin. That doesn't stop me eating them: I make sure to trim off the skin.

With some other cheeses, I happily eat them, skin and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

MOD: Please keep in mind that food safety advice is not allowed on this forum! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I hoped that I was keeping just on the right side of the line!

Advertisement