Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Avengers Age of Ultron on iTunes

• 13-12-2015 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Yesterday on the main iTunes page I saw that Age of Ultron was "99c This Weekend Only". I don't remember if specified it a 99c for rental, but I assumed it was.

I didn't have the chance to to rent it at the time but when I looked today the offer is no longer there. Not only that, but Age of Ultron is not available for rent at all, only to buy.

Did anyone else see this offer? Why is it not valid today?

Was it only for rent for a once off occasion? Was it for actually for sale at 99c?

Or am I going completely potty?

Regards

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah, it would have been a rental. The 99c ones change every week. I guess it was a Friday-Saturday "weekend" offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Yeah, it would have been a rental. The 99c ones change every week. I guess it was a Friday-Saturday "weekend" offer.

Yes I know, but what confused me is that Age of Ultron is not available to rent on iTunes at all. It is only available to buy.

I didn't really it was for sale at 99c ;) but is it possible that iTunes negotiated such a limited time rental with Disney (or whoever)? Doesn't seem like it would be worth the effort.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's not unusual to see films, especially recent releases, with no rental option. Or sometimes no buy option. Distributors control all that. It could be part of a strategy to encourage purchases or it could just be expiring licensing deals.

It's not unusual to see films, especially recent releases, with no rental option. Or sometimes no buy option. Distributors control all that.

Again, this I know. I don't see how someone could use iTunes and not figure it out.

My intent isn't to snarky, but this is obvious.
    It could be part of a strategy to encourage purchases or it could just be expiring licensing deals.

This is pretty much what I asked originally, though granted you've phrased it much better.

Sorry, based on your first post I assumed you were unfamiliar with the iTunes Store.

• Advertisement

Sorry, based on your first post I assumed you were unfamiliar with the iTunes Store.

No, not at all.

I was just trying to figure how Ultron was a special rental offer when iTunes only has it for sale.

Plus, the fact that whatever the offer was that it was not avai;able on the Sunday was confusing. Is Sunday a week day now? :P

I do, however, appreciate your input and time. ;)

Advertisement