Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dehumidifier sachets - where to get?

• 13-12-2015 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭

Any good deals on these locally?
    Not the mains electrical types, something I can leave in a car for a few days. Storm desmond seems to have pushed seals/drains on my car beyond their capabilities.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

Any good deals on these locally?
    Not the mains electrical types, something I can leave in a car for a few days. Storm desmond seems to have pushed seals/drains on my car beyond their capabilities.

Picked up a dehumidifier box in Tesco. Essentially a plastic box filled with I assume silica gel. Porous top once you break the seal.
    Worked well and quite cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

dolla/euro/pound shops, x3 for one or two small units of coinage.

Even cheaper may be a DIY 500gms pack of old/cheap rice - good for drying out submerged mobile phones also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Picked up a dehumidifier box in Tesco. Essentially a plastic box filled with I assume silica gel. Porous top once you break the seal.
    Worked well and quite cheap.

Which tesco? I find the stock of home stuff varies quite a lot between them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

How long do these things last for? How effective are they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

Which tesco? I find the stock of home stuff varies quite a lot between them.

Think it was the local Tesco in Ennis. Wouldn't have thought there'd be much of a problem getting them.

Think it was the local Tesco in Ennis. Wouldn't have thought there'd be much of a problem getting them.

Ordinarily no, just didn't want to burn €10 petrol and 2 hours of my weekend Christmas shopping traffic.:-)

bazz26 wrote: »

It's like an Aladin's cave of dehumidifiers there. Cars sorted and a room in the house too.
    The 32 pack of philips batteries looks like a good deal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭roroliam

J.C. Daly on upp William st. Keep your money in the local area not back to the u.k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Need to pick some up myself, so will try in town on Friday. I haven't been on upper Williams St in years! Where is this JC Daly shop?

• Advertisement

Half way up . Across from dealz.

Sorry, it's 51 William st. Not upper.

Advertisement