Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TXFM played an awful American song....

• 13-12-2015 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

a few weeks back

It was around 4pm and the guy that is on at that time was talking about awful songs that have been written about Ireland.

There was this awful one written by an american lady about Ireland and he played a few lines of it

Was something along the lines of "where you can have a pint of Guinness and your only worry is the I.R.A" :eek::eek:

Have tried googling it but with so little to go on, I'm not getting any results (except a lot of Republican songs!)

So my last hope - does anyone remember this? And can they tell me the name of song or lady who sang it

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    a few weeks back

It was around 4pm and the guy that is on at that time was talking about awful songs that have been written about Ireland.

There was this awful one written by an american lady about Ireland and he played a few lines of it

Was something along the lines of "where you can have a pint of Guinness and your only worry is the I.R.A" :eek::eek:

Have tried googling it but with so little to go on, I'm not getting any results (except a lot of Republican songs!)

So my last hope - does anyone remember this? And can they tell me the name of song or lady who sang it

Thanks

You'll have to improve your googling skills!

Mikaela dewar i wanna be irish

http://www.txfm.ie/Oi-Paddy-Are-you-offended-by-these-lyrics

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

FrostyJim wrote: »
    You'll have to improve your googling skills!

Mikaela dewar i wanna be irish

http://www.txfm.ie/Oi-Paddy-Are-you-offended-by-these-lyrics

Really? Oh my god I swear I was 20 mins searching!!

Did you just google what I said above? Because I did that too and got up to page 10 of google search AND did same on youtube for videos

Thank you though!

Edit - didn't mention TXFM in my search ..... duh!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Did you just google what I said above? Because I did that too and got up to page 10 of google search AND did same on youtube for videos

Thank you though!

Edit - didn't mention TXFM in my search ..... duh!!

I just googled "lyrics guiness worry"

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

Oh really, hah

And ..... alas that video is no longer available! Will continue to look on other sites and try find it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

http://fastmp3.me/mikaela-dewar-i-wanna-be-irish-15207203.htm

Wasnt that hard to find. You can play it in the browser or download it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 jimceart

Can't help on this one but play lists should be compiled in a manner that uplifts people in these rather dark days we are in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Guinness, whiskey, shamrock,the RA, pogues ....whats not to love or be untrue..??.....yer all gone soft....PC me hole....:rolleyes:

Guinness, whiskey, shamrock,the RA, pogues ....whats not to love or be untrue..??.....yer all gone soft....PC me hole....:rolleyes:

It's nothing to do with political correctness - the song is awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

It's nothing to do with political correctness - the song is awful.

thats your opinion ..;)

thats your opinion ..;)

Well, yes, that is correct.

I suppose what I meant is that I don't dislike it because I think the lyrics are politically incorrect - they are I suppose but that wouldn't get in the way of me enjoying it if I liked the melody. I just think it's funny and terrible.

Agree with you 100% that PC is crazy now though and its a shame that this video is no longer available on YouTube, most probably because of complaints as all her other songs are still there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

That poster used quotes, this is extremely important. If you use quotes in google it searches for that exact phrase, so is good for finding lyrics, just listen out for unusual phrases and use quotes, and avoid words/phrases spelt differently -e.g. ditch the your you're and just search "only worry is the I.R.A." though IRA might have the dots left out.

michael thriller jackson -19.7million hits
    "michael thriller jackson" -2,310 hits...

rubadub wrote: »
    That poster used quotes, this is extremely important. If you use quotes in google it searches for that exact phrase, so is good for finding lyrics, just listen out for unusual phrases and use quotes, and avoid words/phrases spelt differently -e.g. ditch the your you're and just search "only worry is the I.R.A." though IRA might have the dots left out.

michael thriller jackson -19.7million hits
    "michael thriller jackson" -2,310 hits...

Oh yeah ...

I did hear this before but had completely forgotten about it!!

Thank you so much - seriously helpful!! :)

Advertisement