Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowboarding Mayrhofen

Options
  • 13-12-2015 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,
    I'm booked for Mayrhofen, going snowboarding for the week in Jan 2016.

Have flights, transfers and accomodation booked at Ferienwohnungen Haus der Mitte at Am Marienbrunnen.

Anyone know what best ski shop to get equipment from is and to get lessons from?
    I've looked at SMT but location seems miles away from accomodation, possibly wouldn't be an issue with buses and slopes etc.!?

Also, the schools are only for 2 hours a day (apart from beginners). Is this normal across the board and is the 2 hour slot worth going for (I do want to do lessons but hoping 2 hours isn't very short). I did the 4 hours previously in other resorts and found this a good time!

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

muse02 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm booked for Mayrhofen, going snowboarding for the week in Jan 2016.

Have flights, transfers and accomodation booked at Ferienwohnungen Haus der Mitte at Am Marienbrunnen.

Anyone know what best ski shop to get equipment from is and to get lessons from?
    I've looked at SMT but location seems miles away from accomodation, possibly wouldn't be an issue with buses and slopes etc.!?

Also, the schools are only for 2 hours a day (apart from beginners). Is this normal across the board and is the 2 hour slot worth going for (I do want to do lessons but hoping 2 hours isn't very short). I did the 4 hours previously in other resorts and found this a good time!

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks

Your accommodation and SMT are all within walking distance of the Penkenbahn lift.

2hrs is a bit **** all right. I'd be looking for 4 if I were you. I recall one of my first times going snowboarding I got lessons in Soll. At the time they only did 2hrs a day and charged the same as 4hrs a day that I got the following year in Westendorf. Keep searching. There's a good number of rental places in Mayrhofen and I'm sure there's a few ski schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Been in Mayrhofen quite a few times, going back again this year. Luggi is your man for rental, very helpful.
    http://www.rentski.info/

You can also book lessons/skischule through these - they use SkiSchule Mayrhofen 3000. I've used SM3000 for booking off-piste guide and they were great, but I can't speak for the skischule

Advertisement