Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newly TTC/ unsure about pregnancy

Options
  • 13-12-2015 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hi,
    Newly trying to conceive and also unsure if I am pregnant after 1 month! Just wanted a place to chat about all these new and confusing issues!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Emmal14 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Newly trying to conceive and also unsure if I am pregnant after 1 month! Just wanted a place to chat about all these new and confusing issues!

Can definitely happen! (happened both times for us!) Have you taken a test yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

It sure can happen, I stopped taking my pill on a Sunday, got a period on the Tuesday and got pregnant straight away, sitting here with a 3 week old baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Emmal14

olaola wrote: »
    Can definitely happen! (happened both times for us!) Have you taken a test yet?

Yep BFN this morning. Also literally just had blood this evening when I wiped that I am assuming is my period however there is not a huge flow yet which is unusual! And brownish discharge (sorry if tmi). Hadn't really anticipated anything this quickly but really disappointed now all the same! All the different information is so confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

I became pregnant 5 weeks after having the Mirena removed. I only had one period and got a positive test result the day my second period would have been due ( assuming my 28 day cycle had returned ) Currently 18 weeks pregnant so it's definitely possible.
    Fingers crossed it all works out for you both. Its a nerve wracking time especially when you're not 100% sure either way!

teggers5 wrote: »
    I became pregnant 5 weeks after having the Mirena removed. I only had one period and got a positive test result the day my second period would have been due ( assuming my 28 day cycle had returned ) Currently 18 weeks pregnant so it's definitely possible.
    Fingers crossed it all works out for you both. Its a nerve wracking time especially when you're not 100% sure either way!

Hopefully so. Thought i got my period last night! But now I am unsure as it is not like it usually is! Have a doc's appt booked for 1.30pm so hopefully they can clear up my confusion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Seeing the doctor won't achieve much really, their tests are often less sensitive than shop bought ones, and they'll probably tell you to wait at least a few days to see is it your period or does the bleeding stop again and could be implantation bleed. I got pregnant in 1 week of trying. My period which is never late hadn't appeared 12 hours after cramping had begun, and got a positive test straight away. It can happen that fast, but it's also totally normal for it to take a good few months.

Seeing the doctor won't achieve much really, their tests are often less sensitive than shop bought ones, and they'll probably tell you to wait at least a few days to see is it your period or does the bleeding stop again and could be implantation bleed. I got pregnant in 1 week of trying. My period which is never late hadn't appeared 12 hours after cramping had begun, and got a positive test straight away. It can happen that fast, but it's also totally normal for it to take a good few months.

It's more to make sure there was nothing else lurking in the background and sure enough chest infection was diagnosed and a full panel of bloods run. At least I will know we are starting off on the best foot

Advertisement