Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre theatre meal

Options
  • 13-12-2015 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, heading to London next month to see a show. I'm looking for somewhere to eat beforehand. Show is on in the Lyceem Theatre.

Any suggestions on where to eat and bars after the show would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Larianne wrote: »
    Hi all, heading to London next month to see a show. I'm looking for somewhere to eat beforehand. Show is on in the Lyceem Theatre.

Any suggestions on where to eat and bars after the show would be appreciated!

Are you hoping to feel the love that night?

The Lyceum is right on the edge of Covent Garden beside the Aldwych. Food options run from the cheap chains through some of the most expensive restaurants in London.

If you fancy fish, go to Loch Fyne, a burger then Byron. A poorly cooked steak then Sophie's. Faux French go to Côte, mid priced Italian Cafe Murano. For a blow out, go to Roka (and ditch The Lion King).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Marcusm wrote: »
    Are you hoping to feel the love that night?

The Lyceum is right on the edge of Covent Garden beside the Aldwych. Food options run from the cheap chains through some of the most expensive restaurants in London.

If you fancy fish, go to Loch Fyne, a burger then Byron. A poorly cooked steak then Sophie's. Faux French go to Côte, mid priced Italian Cafe Murano. For a blow out, go to Roka (and ditch The Lion King).

Byron burgers are nice alright, but I prefer Honest Burger.

But it does get very busy and there's a queue sometimes.
    http://www.honestburgers.co.uk/

Wherever you go, don't go to Angus Steak House. Tourist traps.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

I work in Covent Garden.

Your best best is Lima Floral that has a pre theatre deal.

More upmarket, try Balthazar.

Delicious dirty burgers try Meat Market.

Young, buzzing Japanese place try Flesh & Buns

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I'll look them up!

Oh I just can't waaaait to be King! ;):D

Advertisement