Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon Coolpix water damage

• 13-12-2015 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭

have a nice coolpix canon camera- brother was out yestarday taking a few snaps in the rain and now it's taking an age to charge and when it does it will take a photo but i can't go back to view it

it freezes then after about 5mins

is this camera broken for good or is there a way to repair it

any help at all would be really appreciated

i am a complete novice on camera's

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Take the battery out and put the camera in a warm place wrapped in a dry towel. Put it in the hot press for about an hour or so. It might dry it up inside. Make sure you take battery out first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭50HX

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Take the battery out and put the camera in a warm place wrapped in a dry towel. Put it in the hot press for about an hour or so. It might dry it up inside. Make sure you take battery out first

will try that & let you know

thanks

pixbyjohn wrote: »

that worked a treat

camera back in action again

thank you kindly

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Your brother owes you quite a few pints. :D

CabanSail wrote: »
    Your brother owes you quite a few pints. :D

he might owe me a new camera yet- back in the hotpress again

taking photos ok but can't zoom or look back on previous snaps:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement