If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement Denon calibration microphone

Options
  • 13-12-2015 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

My situation is that I have a Denon AVR-1912 which I purchased a number of years back from you fine folks. Sometime during the intervening years and two house moves we lost the calibration microphone. I wondered if a) you might have a replacement one we might purchase, b) if not would the calibration microphone from any Denon receiver be suitable and, if so, would you folks have one for sale or c) if a) and b) are not possible if you would have any suggestions as I have a sinking feeling that if I order a replacement via Denon in the US (the only online retailer I could find that could supply it), I'll end up finding our original one about 10 minutes after the replacement arrives at a not insignificant cost for something which is a single use every couple of years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Goose81

Evac101 wrote: »
    My situation is that I have a Denon AVR-1912 which I purchased a number of years back from you fine folks. Sometime during the intervening years and two house moves we lost the calibration microphone. I wondered if a) you might have a replacement one we might purchase, b) if not would the calibration microphone from any Denon receiver be suitable and, if so, would you folks have one for sale or c) if a) and b) are not possible if you would have any suggestions as I have a sinking feeling that if I order a replacement via Denon in the US (the only online retailer I could find that could supply it), I'll end up finding our original one about 10 minutes after the replacement arrives at a not insignificant cost for something which is a single use every couple of years.

If you are in Dublin you can borrow mine if you like, I'm based south Dublin. Pm me if you want

Any microphone from denon or marantz will work

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks Goose - really nice gesture!! :) 

Evac101 - if you don't get your paws on one, give us a shout early Jan (when the current madness subsides) and we will post you out a loan of one..

Thanks again guys,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Goose81 wrote: »

If you are in Dublin you can borrow mine if you like, I'm based south Dublin. Pm me if you want

Terribly kind of you - appreciate the offer, I'll forward through my details via PM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Thanks again to Goose - now listening to Vikings in glorious, well-balanced, surround sound ;)

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Goose81 wrote: »

Many thanks Goose - much appreciated:pac:
    Thanks again to Goose - now listening to Vikings in glorious, well-balanced, surround sound ;)
    Good tp hear you got sorted out :D

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.