Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repossession Query

• 10-12-2015 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

purchased a house in January of 2007, The mortgage was provided at the time by Nua Mortgages Ltd and the amount was €180,000. The loan was drawn down, and we got keys to the property and moved in, however the transfer of deeds was never completed by us or our solicitor at the time, and this has not being completed to date. The loan was then sold to Loan star investments last year and is currently being service by Start Mortgages, It is nearly 60,000 in arrears currently, but Start Mortgages have no desire to take possession of the property, nor are they chasing us for payments. They asked me to "Voluntary surrender” the property, but I refused to do so, as I feel this will leave me in a worse off position than I would be in if they repossessed it. They have threatened legal proceedings several times, but this has never got past the stage of an initial letter of intention being sent. I would get a letter stating that if I don’t repay the full amount in 21 days that they will issue proceedings, followed by another letter saying that legal proceedings have stopped, and then Notting for months again until the same process happens again. I was just wondering, if there is any reason why they might be taking such a laid back approach and why do they keep withdrawing legal action even though the mortgage is 59 Months in arrears. Could there be an issue with my contract or something like that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

boxerlucy1983 I've moved your post to a new thread, the other one you posted on was from 2012 so the advice given would probably be well out of date.

Advertisement