Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drones

Options
  • 13-12-2015 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi all,
    Hoping someone can help me get a decent drone for 70/80e?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Lidl or Aldi have one coming up soon and the mobile phone shops for three have parrot ones for 100. Have a 2.0 parrot so could only recommend the parrot

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/sun-13-dec/products-detail-page/ps/p/drone-camera/
    This one has a remot, whereas the parrot one needs a smartphone or tablet to act as the controller

• Registered Users Posts: 32 hysenberg

matchthis wrote: »
    Lidl or Aldi have one coming up soon and the mobile phone shops for three have parrot ones for 100. Have a 2.0 parrot so could only recommend the parrot

This one has a remot, whereas the parrot one needs a smartphone or tablet to act as the controller

Thanks for your help! Unfortunately I missed out on the aldi drone on Sunday but I will definitely look into the "3" drones

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭JimFin

Recently got a Syma X5C on ebay for 80e. Just wanted to experiment with a drone really and it's perfect for a beginner. Easy to fly, reasonably good camera, remote control and cheap! It's struggles a little in windy conditions and has only a battery life of 7 or 8 minutes but you can overcome that with a few extra batteries for a couple of euro. Would recommend as a beginner drone at not to expensive a price

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭snoopy12

hysenberg wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Hoping someone can help me get a decent drone for 70/80e?
    Thanks!

Hi, can I ask what you got in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 hysenberg

snoopy12 wrote: »
    Hi, can I ask what you got in the end?

Hi,
    I ended getting the ninco quad air in Smyth's for 80e. I found picking one very hard. For the money they cost they all seem very fragile!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Pick up a husban X4 micro and a few batteries and you'll be addicted in no time ,
    Honestly start small and work your way up to bigger and better,
    X6 tarantula is also worth a look.

Bang good is worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭sirspamalot

Hi Folks,

Some friends of mine are members of a yacht club. They want to buy a drone to use over the Liffey or coastal waters (maybe flying from the deck of a yacht)

The drones will be used to provide video coverage of boats sailing (racing) along the Liffey and (perhaps) looking for moorings when a yacht owner is in unfamiliar waters.

Let me be clear. We want to buy at least one drone but need a demo of its capabilities first. If we can get a decent audience of sailors/skippers for this "demo", I am sure further sales will occur

Any suggestions?

Ta,

S

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

..want to buy a drone to use over the Liffey .. provide video coverage of boats sailing (racing) along the Liffey and (perhaps) looking for moorings when a yacht owner is in unfamiliar waters.

A DJI Mavick is very portable and might suit?

See below of what it can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAj-MunSThA&t=466s

Currently impossible to get though...

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

I just bought a Syma X5SW-1 from Amazon warehouse for £28. The Warehouse is doing 20% off this week discounted at the checkout.

My thanks to SashaJ and Ozmo for their suggestions. I am hoping to BUY one from a local company who would know how to get the best out of a "semi-commercial" use drone.

Anyone know a good Drone salesmen?

Ta muchness,

S

• Advertisement

..who would know how to get the best out of a "semi-commercial" use drone.

For commercial event recording you would be looking at something like an "DJI Inspire 2".

Great Videos here: http://www.dji.com/inspire-2
    DJI are probably the best in the drone business right now - there are links on the DJI site to local sellers you could contact.

But you will need one (maybe even two pilots per drone - one to pilot, one to film) with a commercial unmanned aircraft licence, insurance and permission from IAA per event if its outside normal hobbiest use (eg. flying over events near crowds).
    Sorry - but when you go pro - it might be more efficient to hire a drone operator per event.

Check out the (changing nearly monthly right now) rules here ->
    https://www.iaa.ie/general-aviation/drones/drone-regulations-guidance

“Roll it back”

SachaJ wrote: »
    I just bought a Syma X5SW-1 from Amazon warehouse for £28. The Warehouse is doing 20% off this week discounted at the checkout.

Relatives got a couple as presents last year - they are really good learning drones for the price- fly ok indoors as well as out - they have crashed may times and not yet even broken a prop (came with spares) - the camera on it is very poor, especially in low light, but fun to mess with.
    The range will let you fly around a football field - after that it loses control and drops to the ground - there is of course no 'return to home' function on these like the more expensive ones.

The batteries though only last less than 10 minutes and take a while to charge - so be sure to get one of these:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/HotFun-batteries-X5C-quadcopter-accessories/dp/B01LXLU94I

“Roll it back”

Thanks for the info Ozmo, I will check out the place in Donabate and put out some feelers on REDDIT

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Anyone know of ny good deals on a DJI phantom 3 advanced?

Advertisement