Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Renting in Blanchardstown

Options
  • 14-12-2015 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi guys,

A little bit of advice would be brilliant. I'm moving to Blanchardstown for work from the start of January and know nothing about the area.

I've seen so many different places on Daft.ie from Tolka View in the village to areas in Clonsilla, and I just haven't a clue where's good or bad to rent.

I've heard that there are some areas that might be worth avoiding from people who lived there a few years back, but not sure if this is still the case... Any advice would be really appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

I've lived in Riverwood (Carpenterstown) and am currently living in St Mochtas (Clonsilla Road), both I'd recommend as nice quiet estates. Waterville (up by Blanch Village) is another good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tapsmcguire

Great thanks so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Ive lived in Mount Symon and we bought in Portersgate two years ago. Both are grand. Portersgate is very quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I loved in St. MochtasC (Clonsilla Road) for about 10 years and never had any trouble. The house had 2 parking spaces and was within easy walking distance of the train station and bus stop. It was also a handy enough walk to the village (both Clonsilla and Blanchardstown) and the Roselawn shopping centre if you need to walk or cycle.

Great thanks so much for all of the help guys! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

OP are you finding much availability in D 15?

Yup there seems to be loads going thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

All of the places mentioned above are great. I'd be wary of Waterville as a huge chunk of the apartments there are going to be council houses (which may or may not bother you). St. Mochtas, Carpenterstown, Coolmine, Castleknock, Portersgate, Stationcourt, Hartstown- all lovely and quiet.. Avoid Whitestown, Sheepmore, Fortlawn, Corduff, Whitechapel, and anywhere in the Ladyswell area. I'm being extremely general here, I live in Whitestown and it's quiet enough in my little part but in general these areas are more bad than good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

rawn wrote: »
    All of the places mentioned above are great. I'd be wary of Waterville as a huge chunk of the apartments there are going to be council houses (which may or may not bother you).

44 houses out of almost 1000 units is not a huge chunk and it's one cluster. No need for scaremongering. Waterville is huge and most of the clusters are nowhere near Rossan Court which is where those houses are.

athtrasna wrote:
    44 houses out of almost 1000 units is not a huge chunk and it's one cluster. No need for scaremongering. Waterville is huge and most of the clusters are nowhere near Rossan Court which is where those houses are.

athtrasna wrote:

Ah sorry, i thought Waterville was quite small.

• Advertisement

All of the places mentioned above are great. I'd be wary of Waterville as a huge chunk of the apartments there are going to be council houses (which may or may not bother you). St. Mochtas, Carpenterstown, Coolmine, Castleknock, Portersgate, Stationcourt, Hartstown- all lovely and quiet.. Avoid Whitestown, Sheepmore, Fortlawn, Corduff, Whitechapel, and anywhere in the Ladyswell area. I'm being extremely general here, I live in Whitestown and it's quiet enough in my little part but in general these areas are more bad than good.

I dont live in whitestown but from what I understand its very quiet now as compared to say 20 yrs ago.
    I havent heard anything going on there in years

I dont live in whitestown but from what I understand its very quiet now as compared to say 20 yrs ago.
    I havent heard anything going on there in years

Nothing major as in deaths or anything, but the antisocial behaviour is pretty bad. It's pot luck really with those kind of areas!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Any where in clonsilla is good, close to shopping centre , roselawn and blanch centre too .
    i lived there ,
    <MOD SNIP >

Nothing major as in deaths or anything, but the antisocial behaviour is pretty bad. It's pot luck really with those kind of areas!

I know someone who knows the area . He said thats not an issue there . I guess its who you talk to you could be in Dublin 4 and still live next to A*****e

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Stay free

Plz can anyone guide me about the recent situation in living in whitestown Dublin15, particularly the area just behind the blanchardstown shopping centre...n the apartments in verdemont ...thank u

Stay free wrote: »
    Plz can anyone guide me about the recent situation in living in whitestown Dublin15, particularly the area just behind the blanchardstown shopping centre...n the apartments in verdemont ...thank u

havent heard of any issues

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dfferent

Hi, sorry for the thread revival, but also looking at houses in Blanchardstown. What's the current thought on Whitestown or Sheepmore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭horse7

Rough area's,if it's short-term and no kids just might be okay. What area are you from?

dfferent wrote: »
    Hi, sorry for the thread revival, but also looking at houses in Blanchardstown. What's the current thought on Whitestown or Sheepmore

not sure of sheepmore, whitestown is quiet , havent heard anything from there in a long time. No more than any other area. There are alot of people renting there also now , so it wouldn't necessarily be the social tenants of past years.

Advertisement