Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet Wont flush

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Geoffrey Dalton

You need a new syphon unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Dgriff wrote: »
    Hi

My toilet wont flush. Any ideas? Here's a video I made: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ksdnkokwz8gzuuw/Video%2013-12-2015%2022%2048%2044.mov?dl=0

Thanks.

Syphon washer is worn away 10c to replace it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

sorry to dig up an old thread, but I've the exact same problem. Do I need a new syphon unit or a washer? And, where does this washer go exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

chewed wrote: »
    sorry to dig up an old thread, but I've the exact same problem. Do I need a new syphon unit or a washer? And, where does this washer go exactly?

If you look at the o.p. video and you have the same problem the plastic diaphragm in the syphon needs to be replaced.
    This involves turning off the water supply, completely draining the cistern of water, disconnecting the cistern from the bowl, undoing the syphon from the cistern, dismantling the syphon to replace the diaphragm (quicker to just fit new syphon), reassemble everything using a new sealing ring between the cistern and the bowl and ensure nothing is leaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭RJF

Great idea to post video by OP. Makes it so easy.
    I would encourage everyone trying to find a solution to a problem to do so.
    Just try to ensure good quality. Both sound and vision.
    Also make it relevant. A video of a boiler NOT running may not be much help but one trying to start and then cutting out may be revealing.

Advertisement