Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo Paper

Options
  • 14-12-2015 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a Canon Pro 100 printer. I can print a maximum size print of 26 x 13 inch prints on it. Only problem is no body sells this length of paper cut out to this lenght. I have a roll of Epson paper and the first cut I did was easy enough, but trying to cut paper to correct size is proving difficult without ruining the paper with marks or scratches.

Anybody know where you can buy this paper or who could cut it. I have emailed off a few business like snap printing and a few others, but they don't offer this service. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

That's an A3+ printer and I'm assuming you're trying to cut a 13" wide roll of paper to 26" length?

Just cut it roughly to length and don't worry about the cut trailing edge. Once your leading edge is straight enough for your printer to pick it up the image will print fine. Then trim it when you're finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Buy a cheap paper guillotine to cut your paper.
    >>>>http://www.amazon.co.uk/Precision-Guillotine-Trimmer-Cutter-Capacity/dp/B001VMAPWY similar to what is here or you can buy one that suits larger sizes

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭scobyobrien

Just cut it roughly to length and don't worry about the cut trailing edge. Once your leading edge is straight enough for your printer to pick it up the image will print fine. Then trim it when you're finished.

Cheers. I did cut a length which I thought was the size I wanted but the start of the paper was not cut straight. I then had the paper go in at a slight angle. I think practice practice practice in cutting the paper will have to do for me. Thanks folks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 HazeyJane77

Get an A2 paper trimmer. You will be able to use this to just roll the paper under the blade and the guide at the side will keep it straight.

Otherwise try Sheldonphoto [dot] com here in Dublin.
    Email him if you don't see what you are looking for. He gets a special type of paper in for me in A3+

Advertisement