Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If Isis were to attack Ireland, what places would be target?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Gaygooner wrote: »
    Athlone- put it out of its misery at least...

Already a Suicide Plumber there…….flooded the place

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭dandyelevan

And...twelve weeks later Prisoner no. 2100/204/43 Jim Mc Grath (late of the Army Ranger Wing & Defence Forces) gets twenty years to life in the Joy for causing "so many needless deaths" in what has become known as the Croke Park Shoot to Kill Massacre of the Innocents'.

Meanwhile...poor auld Khalid would have a statue built to commemorate his selfless demise for doing his very best to bring a mechanically defective airliner safely down in the Liffey, only to be thwarted in his 'nobel efforts' by an 'illegally fired' missile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Rushing to the roof gantry of Croke Park Sergeant Jim McGrath of the Army Ranger Wing pulled the plastic cover off the box he was carrying on his shoulder and dropped to his knees taking out the Stinger. He shouldered it in record time and the beeping of the missile tracker told him he had acquisition. Not a second later he loosed his shot knowing even then that it didn't matter a damn any more.
    Garda Mulligan's eyes were wild.
    "Oh Jesus! We're too late!" she screamed.

Khalid was startled by the streak of light and flinched in surprise rather than fear as he watched the heat seeking missile approach the right inboard engine of his hijacked 747. The explosion was surprisingly loud and alarms told him the engine was totally destroyed but he was less than 1,000 yards from the stadium. The aircraft dipped and yawed slightly the left. Khalid compensated for it without a thought, adjusting trim and nosing down for the edge of the Hogan Stand where he knew Enda Kenny would be seated there amid thousands of other infidel Irish dogs. He selected the impact point as finely as any routine landing and his last thought was that if they could use Shannon to refuel planes and kill his family in Syria and bring disgrace to all Muslims, then they would pay a very special price for that. His last voluntary act was to select the point of impact, two thirds of the way up a concrete support column. That would be just about perfect he knew. He could see people leaping from the stand as his target loomed ahead...
    "ALLAHU AKBAR!" Khalid cried with his last breath and all his might.

Nearly three hundred tons of aircraft and fuel struck the end of the Hogan Stand smashing through row after row of concrete columns and exploding in an enormous hot orange fireball which engulfed the entire structure. Debris and fire tore through the tiered stand killing thousands instantly and setting off a chain reaction collapse that spread around the stadium bringing down the Canal End and spreading to the Cusack Stand engulfing the entire area in an enormous cloud of smoke and powdering concrete. Men women and children screamed in protest but were obliterated under as cascade of steel and concrete that would become their funeral pyre. The players on the field a moment ago absorbed in their hurling game tried to run but were swallowed by the avalanche. A mushroom of flame and smoke rolled into the Dublin sky.

Sweet lord, what ever your drinking either stop or give it to everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Pass that bong man :cool: And keep going...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Has anyone said Muff yet? I can't believe nobody has said Muff yet!!! For shame AH!

Muff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

The GPO.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭mid fifties

Come on the GPO, not again.

Without a doubt isis is a serious threat to all and any country including Ireland and even though they're mainly base in regions of Iraq Syria and recently Libya they don't give a damn who they kill and how they kill, as has been proven all it take is one or more individuals living in another country who is looking for a reason to kill, well isis brainwashing belief is giving them that reason.

I understand the great Irish humour here which as always is never hiding the seriousness of it all but personally wouldn't it be great if all religious so call leaders were to unite in calling out to their followers for mass demonstrations in every country in support with the huge muslin communities who like all wants to live in peace, shouting loud and clear isis brain washing belief is wrong.

Merry Christmas all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

All the ESB hydro dams. It would wipe Cork out of the equation.
    I support this suggestion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Rushing to the roof gantry of Croke Park Sergeant Jim McGrath of the Army Ranger Wing pulled the plastic cover off the box he was carrying on his shoulder and dropped to his knees taking out the Stinger. He shouldered it in record time and the beeping of the missile tracker told him he had acquisition. Not a second later he loosed his shot knowing even then that it didn't matter a damn any more.
    Garda Mulligan's eyes were wild.
    "Oh Jesus! We're too late!" she screamed.

Khalid was startled by the streak of light and flinched in surprise rather than fear as he watched the heat seeking missile approach the right inboard engine of his hijacked 747. The explosion was surprisingly loud and alarms told him the engine was totally destroyed but he was less than 1,000 yards from the stadium. The aircraft dipped and yawed slightly the left. Khalid compensated for it without a thought, adjusting trim and nosing down for the edge of the Hogan Stand where he knew Enda Kenny would be seated there amid thousands of other infidel Irish dogs. He selected the impact point as finely as any routine landing and his last thought was that if they could use Shannon to refuel planes and kill his family in Syria and bring disgrace to all Muslims, then they would pay a very special price for that. His last voluntary act was to select the point of impact, two thirds of the way up a concrete support column. That would be just about perfect he knew. He could see people leaping from the stand as his target loomed ahead...
    "ALLAHU AKBAR!" Khalid cried with his last breath and all his might.

Nearly three hundred tons of aircraft and fuel struck the end of the Hogan Stand smashing through row after row of concrete columns and exploding in an enormous hot orange fireball which engulfed the entire structure. Debris and fire tore through the tiered stand killing thousands instantly and setting off a chain reaction collapse that spread around the stadium bringing down the Canal End and spreading to the Cusack Stand engulfing the entire area in an enormous cloud of smoke and powdering concrete. Men women and children screamed in protest but were obliterated under as cascade of steel and concrete that would become their funeral pyre. The players on the field a moment ago absorbed in their hurling game tried to run but were swallowed by the avalanche. A mushroom of flame and smoke rolled into the Dublin sky.

Kieran McGrath knew it was his chance....as he watched half the Tipperary team annihilated, he pulled off his trackie bottoms, tied his boots and grabbed his hurl. A nation watched as the 23-year old Rossmore native sent the sliotar over the bar and put Tipp up ending Kilkenny's championship drive. Tears rolled down Marty Morrissey's face, not from the anguish of the terrible attack but from sheer jubilance.

. A day never forgetten.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

Hey!!!

Why does everyone hate Bray?
    It should be a nice place...but it just isn't. You get the feeling that everybody is just going through the motions and desperately wants to be somewhere else.

As someone once put it:
    "It's got everything going for it except itself"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Belfast, do us all a favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

if someone was to do something here I think they would want the most people in the smallest confined space like croke park or the ploughing match

UFC 210 at Croke Park: McGregor vs ISIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭golfball37

if they do lets hope the authorities are a bit more sympathetic to the victims families unlike 1974.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

They should try Finglas south some Halloween/Paddy's night, they'd think twice about coming near Ireland again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I'd love to see about 20 ISIS being misled into an attack to shoot dead 30000 more ISIS set to go to an otherwise abandoned stadium. Then, have a gang of Irish thugs beat the living daylights out of the remaining 20 Satanic beings. That would be fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I'd love to see about 20 ISIS being misled into an attack to shoot dead 30000 more ISIS set up to go to an otherwise abandoned stadium. Then, have a gang of Irish thugs beat the living daylights out of the remaining 20 Satanic beings. That would be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Knock shrine - it wouldn't be all bad because the statue should be able to move out of the way.

• Site Banned Posts: 137 ✭✭MaryAntoinette

Coppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

ryan tuburty and glenda gilson

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

I say it would either be:
    a high turn out event, which would be holding a large amount of people, or the most used transport systems going to or from one.
    Or
    Somewhere they would try shut down an area, I would naturally say the city centre, but there are many ways around there.
    Or a few points on the motorway, which would cause congestion within the smaller routes which would not be able to hold the volume at rush hours, which would mean the emergency services would take longer to get to a location.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

Knock on Aug 21

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

An interesting and a bit of a disturbing thread, despite the attempts at humour.

St. Stephen's Day at St. Stephen's Green.

ISIS tend to go for targets with symbolism in them. Makes a perfect day and place. Or maybe St. Patrick's Day.

The very disturbing thought is, and a group of us over a several rounds of Christmas drinks last week came to the same conclusion. They will attack Ireland at some stage. We're a very easy target and I think the emergency services would be overwhelmed (no disrespect to the front line staff but resources are thin). Meanwhile our Government says all is good in the world.

We live in perilous times.

The Wanderer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,471 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The National Ploughing Championships.

If they wanted to make a real statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Arghus wrote: »
    The National Ploughing Championships.

If they wanted to make a real statement.
    And garner sympathy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭JackieBauer

A lot of you try way too hard to be funny

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Attack boards!!! Hack the servers and replace reasoned discussion with right wing bigotry...

Huh?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Attack boards!!! Hack the servers and replace reasoned discussion with right wing bigotry...

How would we notice the change?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 HilltopViewer

I would also have to agree with Celtickate,about the Luas being attacked,because once them doors close between stops,there is no way off,and its an ideal situation for someone to start shooting at everyone and anyone!I think public transport in Ireland is a major one to be honest if they did attack,just look at what the terrorist scum did in England,Croke Park and .023 Arena could be another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 only a nightmare

a refugee was arrested last week doing surveilance on a water facility in the west of ireland,

also a refugee was arrested with a kilo of poison that could pollut 1,000,000 litres of water,

don;t underestimate your enemies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 HilltopViewer

I know your post is from 5 years ago,but just going to say that Shannon was a big stop over point for refuelling American planes on the way to the middle east

Advertisement