Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If Isis were to attack Ireland, what places would be target?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I would also have to agree with Celtickate,about the Luas being attacked,because once them doors close between stops,there is no way off,and its an ideal situation for someone to start shooting at everyone and anyone!I think public transport in Ireland is a major one to be honest if they did attack,just look at what the terrorist scum did in England,Croke Park and .023 Arena could be another.

Perhaps even the Dort going through Dawkey or Kilooyney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

I know your post is from 5 years ago,but just going to say that Shannon was a big stop over point for refuelling American planes on the way to the middle east

That's what they want you to think, the truth is that stopped off in Knock to get a blessing from the Monsignor before heading off to wage a holy crusade on the moslims.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

a refugee was arrested last week doing surveilance on a water facility in the west of ireland,

also a refugee was arrested with a kilo of poison that could pollut 1,000,000 litres of water,

don;t underestimate your enemies

Source please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Any Irish man on public transport could stare a terrorist into submission before he could finish uttering praise god. #bornhard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

There are 100+ jihadists here already according to an 'Irish' Imam.
    They would likely target Templebar at 2am, Grafton St at Christmas and Croker during the All-Ireland.

Cops will be of no use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Would Belfast be a target considering it is part of GB?

These guys prob think all of Ireland is part of GB though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

a refugee was arrested last week doing surveilance on a water facility in the west of ireland,

also a refugee was arrested with a kilo of poison that could pollut 1,000,000 litres of water,

I heard something about that. :mad:
    Is your account closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Maybe o Connell bridge on paddy's day?

Our garda will be useless and our emergency service will be overwhelmed.

I admire how quick and responsive the police were in the recent London attacks but if the same was to happen in Ireland, it would have went on alot longer. I have no faith in our garda to deal with any sort of terrorist attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I think Supermacs could be a target. Those 5 oz bacon and cheese burgers are bound to offend a few Islamic nut cases.

This kind of thread is not a good idea imo..hasn't anyone ever heard that life imitates art?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Stheno wrote: »
    Why give them ideas?

Boards.ie top secret info
    They can take a plane to Dublin and quite easily see for themselves, they dont need help from after hours which IM doubtful ISIS jihadis read anyway
    I think if you're going through the thorough planing of a terrorist attack youll have easily found info such as where is easiest to attack fairly down pat

And if we are ever attacked it'll be at some event with large number of french.british, russian,or american people as they are the targets not us.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

Kilgarven

I know your post is from 5 years ago,but just going to say that Shannon was a big stop over point for refuelling American planes on the way to the middle east

Why would they target shannon? Densely populated urban areas are always the target
    Has a british military base or any location military related ever been targeted? No its always civilians

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Kilgarven

That place needs to be nuked as well to be sure.

link..?? We surely would have heard about this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

This kind of thread is not a good idea imo..hasn't anyone ever heard that life imitates art?

I'm sure they are already aware that it's a good idea to target an event packed full of people. It doesn't take a genius to realise that. Every suggestion on a possible locatio is just common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Maybe o Connell bridge on paddy's day?

An attack on paddy's day would be absolutely brutal, just imagine a bomb going off with thousands of people standing against each other

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It's not American planes these ISIS cockwombles are concerned with, it's the spread of Islam through violent means. It's a religious thing more than anything hence why Sweden got it, they never bombed anyone.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I'm sure they are already aware that it's a good idea to target an event packed full of people. It doesn't take a genius to realise that. Every suggestion on a possible locatio is just common sense.

Of course! But there are people here talking about all kinds of angles and 'troubleshooting' and estimating how long it would take for an armed police response and how difficult certain areas would be to evacuate-remember, a potential jihadist mightn't be very familiar with the areas themselves, or with how the systems here work, or with public sentiment (what would upset the Irish public and what would cause the most disruption? Who better to tell a Jihadist than the Irish themselves?)

So why help them?

It could inspire someone or spur them on in a particular direction in some way.

A Jihadist is a sympathiser first, then an attacker. They are ordinary people in communities doing ordinary things. I don't know why people think they do not read this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    I think Supermacs could be a target. Those 5 oz bacon and cheese burgers are bound to offend a few Islamic nut cases.

In fairness they would offend anyone who hasn't got severe munchies after a night smoking pot and necking pints.

• Advertisement

wakka12 wrote: »
    Why would they target shannon? Densely populated urban areas are always the target
    Has a british military base or any location military related ever been targeted? No its always civilians

Military personnel have been targeted. I'm not sure about locations.
    There was one last year I think. A RAF man out running in Middlesex I think. He was ambushed near an RAF Base. And Lee Rigby.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭tiger55

kevincool wrote: »
    Why would they attack? Ireland does not poke it's nose in anything?

Neither did Australian tourists in Bali or people on the Spanish Metro.  I can give you 101 other examples if you wish...

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tecknika

The growth rate of muslims in Ireland makes interesting reading on census figures. As a percentage of population they are growing about 35% every census. That can't be sustainable.

tecknika wrote: »
    The growth rate of muslims in Ireland makes interesting reading on census figures.  As a percentage of population they are growing about 35% every census. That can't be sustainable.
    It wont end well i can tell you that.  Irish people are very liberal and leftists.  God help you...

tiger55 wrote: »
    It wont end well i can tell you that.  Irish people are very liberal and leftists.  God help you...

why when witnessing the problems in the likes of France and the UK is Ireland so hell bent on expressing the mass immigration of the culture. Do they feel left out of the problems?

You see many attending the mosque who have only been here a few years, full Islamic garb and pushing 60. I doubt they are here working for google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

Omackeral wrote: »
    It's not American planes these ISIS cockwombles are concerned with, it's the spread of Islam through violent means. It's a religious thing more than anything hence why Sweden got it, they never bombed anyone.

:D
    I can think of loads of events where if the SISIES hopped out of a van clutching knives, they'd be seriously under-armed and get their heads kicked in. Imagine them kicking off at the Ploughing? They'd be bet around the place by hundreds of massive culchies clutching cattle-sticks and mad for the spuds. Or a Scooter concert.. it'd be like lambs to the slaughter. "C'meyore till I showds you a proper knife, ya little boll1xs"..

Beyondgone wrote: »
    :D
    I can think of loads of events where if the SISIES hopped out of a van clutching knives, they'd be seriously under-armed and get their heads kicked in. Imagine them kicking off at the Ploughing? They'd be bet around the place by hundreds of massive culchies clutching cattle-sticks and mad for the spuds. Or a Scooter concert.. it'd be like lambs to the slaughter.

Mock you may but this is an issue and our government is really weak on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

tecknika wrote: »
    Mock you may but this is an issue and our government is really weak on it

Says you. So far, they have a 100% Track record of keeping Ireland free from Islamic Terrorist attacks. Best in the World.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

I'd say when, not if

Advertisement