Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If Isis were to attack Ireland, what places would be target?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

topper75 wrote: »
    Not even Hitler (PBUH) stooped to that.

He did. Dublin was bombed during the war & 40+ people killed. The Jews of Ireland were also on a list to be murdered so obviously if he had beaten & invaded Britain we would have been next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Three lads of foreign origin standing outside of Geoffs, Waterford tonight giving it a thorough look over. Went home early!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭tiger55

Zebra3 wrote: »

Ireland's shameful participation in the West's wars on the Middle East and support for Israel's ethnic cleansing make these events a slight possibility.
    You seem to be making excuses for them already.  They will attack us no matter what.  They have been invading and enslaving Europe for centuries, even before any Empires France/UK had in North Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Beyondgone wrote: »
    Actually, it will "Be Grand", but for an odd reason - kinda "The Shannon Theory".

Isislamisists regard Ireland as a handy "R&R" area and "jumping off point.

That idea reminds me of "Londonistan" http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1359305/Why-France-lived-in-fear-of-Londonistan.html
    Not saying I think that is going on here (don't know...would say it is unlikely), but I really don't think it is a policy you'd want to rely on as a shield from Islamist terrorists!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,106 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Three lads of foreign origin standing outside of Geoffs, Waterford tonight giving it a thorough look over. Went home early!!!

Report to Guards?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Report to Guards?

Report what KT? A few lads looking at a pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,138 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

tiger55 wrote: »
    You seem to be making excuses for them already.  They will attack us no matter what.  They have been invading and enslaving Europe for centuries, even before any Empires France/UK had in North Africa.

it was mostly English settlers though? grand so , no one we knew :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Report to Guards?

For what ?

Paris Syndrome ?
    Paris syndrome (French: Syndrome de Paris, Japanese: パリ症候群, Pari shōkōgun) is a transient mental disorder exhibited by some individuals when visiting or vacationing to Paris, as a result of extreme shock resulting from their finding out that Paris is not what they had expected it to be.

23 hours in refrigerated lorry for this sh!t ?

B****d Aabir

• Registered Users Posts: 34,106 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I was being little sarcastic myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Seen a lad with a schoolbag on his back there earlier at the dart station, he was looking a bit sketchy so me & a few lads kicked the ****e out of him & threw the bag in the sea. I mean he had a school uniform on so he could have just been doing his junior cert or it could have been a clever disguise and you can't take any chances these days.

Also mugged an old lady tonight, I taught I heard a ticking noise in her handbag, could have been a bomb so had to do right thing. Got a bag of gear with the 20 in the handbag.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

DakarVert wrote: »
    Either Shannon Airport or a Shopping Center.
    Imagine the carnage during Christmas,

Thousands of people in relatively confined spaces with easy access and little security.
    You are right what you say Shannon airport

• Registered Users Posts: 13,872 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

tiger55 wrote: »
    You seem to be making excuses for them already. ?They will attack us no matter what. ?They have been invading and enslaving Europe for centuries, even before any Empires France/UK had in North Africa.

I'm not making excuses, but does your history include the Roman Empire invading the Middle East and North Africa and the crimes they committed there?

I'll guess it doesn't.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Whatever about the Madrid bombings. The Australians tourists should have tough twice about drinking in a Muslim country. If your kuffar and go to Muslim you at your own risk

Ehhh do you know anything about Bali ??

Think more Ibiza and less Jeddah.;)

And here is a kicker for you.
    Only about 15% of Bali's population is muslim.
    Over 80% is Hindu.
    Zebra3 wrote: »
    What potential targets there are would depend on what point they wanna make.

An amateur attack to generate publicity is most likely to target a major concert or big football match like a World Cup qualifier. Attacking a bogball or egg chasing match wouldn't have as big an effect.

I nominate your place as the foremost target.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

He did. Dublin was bombed during the war & 40+ people killed. The Jews of Ireland were also on a list to be murdered so obviously if he had beaten & invaded Britain we would have been next.

Incorrect. He actually respected Irish neutrality, bad as he was.

Mistaken ID for Brit towns. Lost bombers. Never invaded. Actually had no plan to invade other than a response to a Brit invasion. Thankfully neither did.

Where would they get a 'list' of Irish Jews LOL? Intention to kill them perhaps but list?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Given their half arsed attempts to attack London twice in the last 3 months (and despite the media hype and hysteria, they were pretty pathetic attacks - thankfully), if they decided to attack Dublin, some eejit will probably go mad on Henry Street with a pair of scissors!

I know what I would do if I were them - but I don't think I should tell them!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,872 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

jmayo wrote: »
    I nominate your place as the foremost target.

Whatever turns you on......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Baxterly13

I heard something about that. :mad:
    Is your account closed?

Where is it supposed to have happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Baxterly13

Samaris wrote: »
    Source please.

? Account closed now??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Baxterly13 wrote: »
    Where is it supposed to have happened?

I don't know which incident, where, the poster was referring to. There was something mentioned locally which may or may not be connected. Obviously I don't have anything concrete, and I wasn't going to mention it except that I noticed that person's comment and was curious.

Advertisement