Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tires/Service in Leixlip area

Options
  • 14-12-2015 7:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey guys looking to get 2 new tires and a service for my 01 corolla.

Anyone know any good value/reliable spots in the Leixlip area?

Found a post asking the same question but its a bit dated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 IRELANDSELITE

Heard Confey Tyres is a decent place to go. Anyone have similar experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

I get all tyres from DS Tyres in Maynooth, it's the yard on the Leixlip side of Tesco, there's a garden centre in there you've probably passed it 100 times.

I've found them good to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

Budget Tyres in Leixlip, beside Lidl, across from Intel.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭fmc3105

LTS Tyres in the N4 business park beside playzone, behind the applegreen just off the M4 J6 are very reliable. Have been using them for years for both personal and business tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Confey are good, well respected, hence busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭2011abc

Gotta be Confey

Tyre crowd across from Intel ok too , hear different stories about whether they're 'related' to service garage across from Intel . That should be avoided like the plague .Cost me thousands to fix their 'repair' .

There are a couple of places in Ryebrook Ind Est. One jacked my car up in the wrong place causing damage to it, though it wasn't very serious, but they should know where to jack up a car ffs! The other scraped two of my alloys. Again it was minor, but the scrapes were caused by sloppiness and could have been avoided.

If I'm buying tyres I get them in Confey, if I'm getting tyres that I sourced fitted I get them done in Dunboyne.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

n97 mini wrote: »
    If I'm buying tyres I get them in Confey, if I'm getting tyres that I sourced fitted I get them done in Dunboyne.

What do Confey offer in terms of brands and are they competitive?

Where in Dunboyne do you get tyres fitted and what do they charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

2011abc wrote: »
    Gotta be Confey

Tyre crowd across from Intel ok too , hear different stories about whether they're 'related' to service garage across from Intel . That should be avoided like the plague .Cost me thousands to fix their 'repair' .
    Is that the garage on the RHS as you enter the park? Have gone there a couple of times myself and am beginning to question their service/quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭2011abc

Yes .And while I was in there in a vain attempt to get back some of the near €600 I paid them, if not €3250 the new engine cost me from main dealer ( they refused point blank to accept that a self destructing engine two days after they fitted a timing chain could have anything to do with them ) there was another car owner in there who had apparently spent thousands and still had a car running like a bag of spanners . ( The only option they will offer you is to spend more on progressively more expensive work )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Do a small bit of research before you buy the tyres http://www.eiretyres.com/,
    I always used Confey until i needed 4 tyres for a Polo, after a lot of rooting around he produced 4 Wanli tyres and fitted them.
    A lot of people on boards call these tyres ditch finders:pac:
    My own fault for not ringing in advance.
    I usually ring around the 2 in Leixlip and the one at the Applegreen in Celbridge.
    Got a good price recently for Bridgestones in Leixlip Budget Tyres so getting them done shortly.

The Mulk wrote: »
    Do a small bit of research before you buy the tyres http://www.eiretyres.com/,
    I always used Confey until i needed 4 tyres for a Polo, after a lot of rooting around he produced 4 Wanli tyres and fitted them.
    He doesn't carry a large stock, but if you phone in advance they can order in pretty much anything.

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Where in Dunboyne do you get tyres fitted and what do they charge?

It's called The Garage. Fairly big operation, mostly family run. €25 for a pair, including disposal of the old tyres (though it'd probably be €25 if you took the old ones away). It's probably the only place that didn't treat me like some sort of leper when I told them I bought tyres online... I've had quotes of €30 per tyre from some places.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,861 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Place out the Kilcock/Clane road also fits tyres from online without hassle. Car has a size nobody ever stocks so there'd be no chance they'd have them quicker than I can get them.

Faugheen wrote:
    It completely depends on what happened before.

n97 mini wrote:
    It's called The Garage. Fairly big operation, mostly family run. €25 for a pair, including disposal of the old tyres (though it'd probably be €25 if you took the old ones away). It's probably the only place that didn't treat me like some sort of leper when I told them I bought tyres online... I've had quotes of €30 per tyre from some places.

€25 per pair, so €50 for four?

L1011 wrote:
    Place out the Kilcock/Clane road also fits tyres from online without hassle. Car has a size nobody ever stocks so there'd be no chance they'd have them quicker than I can get them.

Is it at that petrol station that sometimes has an attended car wash?

Price for fitting?

€25 per pair, so €50 for four?

Yes €25 per pair, so presumably €50 for 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,861 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Is it at that petrol station that sometimes has an attended car wash?

Price for fitting?

No, further towards kilcock, beside an agri equipment dealer. I actually can't remember the price as I had to get a tracking issue looked at also

L1011 wrote:
    No, further towards kilcock, beside an agri equipment dealer. I actually can't remember the price as I had to get a tracking issue looked at also

Passed it this evening. Westside Auto Care.

Advertisement