Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crimson 15.11 and OC Utils

Options
  • 14-12-2015 8:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭

So I've been tearing my hair out (whats left of it) the last few days trying to figure out why my PC wouldn't boot into windows. It would boot into safe mode, I could restore an older image of the SSD all worked grand. I've tracked it back to overclocking utils namely Afterburner and Trixxx.

If I install them the PC hangs during boot up - is anyone else getting this issue? I'm using an Asus R9 290 on a custom loop, no problems until now. I do (did) have the card clocked to 1150/1500 (+100mV) it never got above 60C and was running games like FO4 for hours on end. It runs fine at stock for the little bit of gaming I've done so I dont think (praying :pac:) it's not the card.

TL;DR is there any issues with OC utils and the new AMD drivers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Disable Overdrive in Crimson. It mirrors pverclock settings in other utilities, and sometimes it applies memory overclocks before applying the voltage which causes the blackscreen.

You can also uninstall Crimson software and just install the minimal driver setuo like I have, as I was running into the same issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Gumbi wrote: »
    Disable Overdrive in Crimson. It mirrors pverclock settings in other utilities, and sometimes it applies memory overclocks before applying the voltage which causes the blackscreen.

You can also uninstall Crimson software and just install the minimal driver setuo like I have, as I was running into the same issues.

You absolute star. Thanks Gumbi!

Can I just do a plain uninstall or do I need to use a special utility please?

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

I would run the uninstaller (just go to chanfe/remove prog as normal) and uninstall everything, the run the "minimal driver setup" orwhatever iit's called and install that unless you want to make use of a specific software feature of Crimson.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I would use DDU to get rid of all trace of previous drivers too.I read somewhere that the crimson drivers don't play nice for some people if installed of top of older drivers.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys! Might aswell get used to DDU - sorry was just trying to be lazy.

I keep doing disk images - I love that software!

Just to say all is well - Trixxx is loaded and the PC is booting properly. Minimal set up from here on in. Many thanks again all!

Advertisement