Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debt letter recieved pertaining to cancelled account

Options
  • 14-12-2015 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]To Whom It Concerns,[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]I have received a text message Wednesday and a letter last Thursday (which came to my parents home address) from some debt collecting service maintaining that they are collecting money on behalf of Electric Ireland from arrears I accrued back in 2012 apparently. I have had this account since 2010 (perhaps even before) and have never received any letters, emails or phonecalls regarding this so I was concerned that it is a scam.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Had there been any arrears I know I would have been contacted directly from Electric Ireland via phone or email but I did not receive one email, phone call or text message in relation to this.[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]The moment I received this letter I  sent a scanned copy to Electric Ireland asking them to explain these arrears from 2012 as outlined in BCW's letter. I got no reply so I called Electric Ireland and spoke to a girl who told me that I did owe money but not from 2012 as outlined in BCW's letter but  instead from August of this year.[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]On the 12th of August this year I sent an email to Electric Ireland cancelling my account. explaining I had moved out on the 9th. I never received a reply so I went ahead and cancelled my account on the 14th using the online system. I enterred my final dates and final readings  and received an automatic email response telling me that I "do not have to do anything else". [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]The girl I spoke to said that Electric Ireland "tried" to contact me after this. But i have my phone records and I can see that I never recieved any phone calls from Electric Ireland  after 9th August this year. Additionally the only letter I received was this "Final Notice" how can it be a  "final Notice" if I've never been notified before?[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif] If I owe money I would be happy to pay it but I'd like to receive a bill telling me how I could owe €75 for 9 days in August. Additionally the girl told me that I have to pay this BCW crowd and not Electric Ireland directly but since they cannot even seem to specify the correct year on the letter let alone any other information pertaining to the bill I am unhappy to hand over money to them. [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]I sent numerous emails to Electric Ireland with the cancellation emails and scanned letter attached and am getting no reply so how do you want me to proceed?[/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Kind Regards,[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Niamh[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Niamh,

If you private message us the address and telephone number on this closed account, we will look into your query ASAP.

Kind regards,
    Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 5 niamhlaherty

Hi Una,

I have supplied you with all the relevant information you asked for and this is the 5th time I have contacted Electric Ireland regarding the issue having gotten no response from 3 previous emails and a phone call. Can I expect a reply today? If I owe the money from 2012 as specified in BCW's email all I want is an explanation as to what the arrears pertain to (i.e what address, what dates etc) It should be a pretty straight forward thing to find out considering I have only ever had one account number with Electric Ireland and i cannot understand why it is taking almost a week (from my first point of contact) to receive this information while in the meantime I am still getting texts from Debt collectors telling me I owe them money. 

Niamh

Hi again Niamh,

Once we confirm full account details, a private message is placed in the social media private messages queue and the account in question is reviewed ASAP. We should be able to respond to you today, but if not, we will do so tomorrow at the very latest.

We are sorry to read of your unhappiness with regard to your account query and we will do whatever we can to assist you. Emails can take a number of working days to respond to, due to query volumes - which email address did you send your query to?

Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 5 niamhlaherty

Hi again Niamh,

Once we confirm full account details, a private message is placed in the social media private messages queue and the account in question is reviewed ASAP. We should be able to respond to you today, but if not, we will do so tomorrow at the very latest.

We are sorry to read of your unhappiness with regard to your account query and we will do whatever we can to assist you. Emails can take a number of working days to respond to, due to query volumes - which email address did you send your query to?

Una

________
    Hi Una,

I sent one to sales at electricireland.ie and one to service at electricireland.ie on Wednesday then one to customerservice at electricireland.ie on Thursday. (im unable to use the "at" symbol for some reason)

I didnt receive a reply from either of the first 2 but the customer service one have replied in the last few minutes to say it would be a further 2-3 days
     before I will get a response. from the "relevant department" which is ridiculous because it will have been over a week at that stage.

Thanks for your quick reply, I look forward to a response later today or tomorrow.

Regards,
    Niamh

Hi again Niamh,

Thanks for confirming.

It is advisable not to write an email address in full publicly anyway (for spam prevention) so that's perfect. Your query would be for service@ electricireland.ie so the one you sent to Sales would be forwarded on.

It does take a number of working days (weekends not included) for the email team to respond, due to the query volumes queue, however we can assist on the same day or next day here in Social Media.

We will talk to you soon by PM.

Kind regards,
    Una

________

• Advertisement
Advertisement