Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE TLC 2015 PPV fallout thread *Spoilers*

• 14-12-2015 12:47pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So what did you think of TLC 2015?

postmatch_05.jpg

Think the above will set in stone 1 plan for Mania and for what it's worth it was the frst time in my opinon they actually booked Roman well. That last 5/10mins of the PPV will have gotten him more over than anything they have done for him since the shield split.
    WWE TLC 2015 Results:

1. Ladder Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship: The New Day (c) defeated The Usos and Lucha Dragons. Kalisto hit a massive Salida del Sol from the top of a ladder in one of many match highlights. Kofi Kingston pulled down the belts to win the match.

2. Rusev defeated Ryback. Ryback passed out in the Accolade to give Rusev the win.

3. Chairs Match for the United States Championship: Alberto del Rio (c) defeated Jack Swagger. Del Rio won after a Tree of Woe double-stomp onto chairs.

4. 8-man Tag Team Elimination Tables Match: The Wyatt Family defeated Team ECW. The Dudley Boyz eliminated Erick Rowan with a 3-D through a table. Luke Harper eliminated Rhyno, followed by Bray Wyatt eliminating D-Von Dudley. Harper eliminated Dreamer, and Braun Strowman chokeslammed Bubba Ray through a table to win the match.

5. Intercontinental Championship Match: Dean Ambrose defeated Kevin Owens (c). Ambrose countered a pop-up powerbomb into a hurricanrana to become the new Intercontinental Champion.

6. Divas Championship Match: Charlotte (c) defeated Paige. Ric Flair cheated for Charlotte to prevent Paige from winning. Charlotte retained after sending Paige into an exposed turnbuckle.

7. TLC Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Sheamus (c) defeated Roman Reigns. The League of Nations interfered, allowing Sheamus to win the match. After the match, Reigns violently attacked the League with a chair. Triple H tried to intervene, so Reigns attacked him as well. He put HHH through a table with an elbow and speared him.

spot of the night:

Rate the PPV out of 10 23 votes

1/10
    0%
    4%
    Dunny 1 vote
    0%
    8%
    LoughcPalo Alto 2 votes
    4%
    Angron 1 vote
    4%
    A Brad Maddox Guy 1 vote
    21%
    super_furryStereomaniacThepoet85The Showstopperlycan238 5 votes
    34%
    Bounty HunterOpenYourEyesZeitgeistGleehappyoutscanZemuppetJP Liz V1riceroLithium93_ 8 votes
    17%
    A Primal NutOmackeralIncognitoManVirtanen 4 votes
    4%
    Cheese Wagstaff 1 vote

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

So you would have to think that it will lead to HHH vs Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania and that he won't be getting another shot at the title at The Rumble because well why in gods name would the company (Steph & Hunter) reward him with another title shot now. That would also mean that Reigns vs Lesnar 2 Mania is less likely.

face Lesnar vs Sheamus??, while Reigns faces HHH and Cena faces The Undertaker in his retirement match will probably now be the predicted lineup but thats just predicted with the Rumble and fastlane to go first.

After this show I am far more curious about what'll happen next than I expected to be so I guess good job WWE. They have continued they recent trend of terrible TV but good PPVs imo and now for the road to Wrestlemania when hopefully the TV will also improve.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

"How many times has Roman Reigns been screwed by HHH?"

Uh, I don't know, but it didn't happen tonight! I think what they went for with the ending was fine, and will probably work, but I spent the last few minutes of the match thinking "Reigns, you KNEW Sheamus had back up, you KNEW there'd be interference...why didn't you plan for it? Why wasn't Ambrose and the Usos standing ready to get involved as back up for when (not if, when!) The League got involved"? It wasn't really a screw job ending, because it was a No DQ match, and Reigns's friends didn't care enough to help him out. Meanwhile, HHH did nothing to warrant the beatdown either; all he did was try to stop Sheamus getting his ass kicked.

On the upside, at least he looked like a badass doing it, even if the motivations were off. I'd happily take "Destroy everyone silently" Reigns than "Happy Smiling" Reigns....but which will we get on Raw?

Ah, whatever. This looks to take Reigns away from the title picture, though I don't know who'll take his place.

Matches were fine. Enjoyed the ladder match, though it seemed to have a few too many awkward moments early on. Tables match was fun, but don't tease fire not to use it. IC title was good, Divas was good. Thought Swagger vs Del Rio was good too. Skipped through most of Rusev vs Ryback so can't say much.

EDIT: Will admit...I didn't see the segment where they explained the Usos being too hurt to help. And the theory was put forward that Wade's absense could be explained tonight as "He was fighting Dean backstage, stopping him helping". In which case, fair enough, I'd retract that quibble...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I gave it a solid 7, despite the lack of build, it actually turned out to be an okay PPV, Triple Threat Ladder match for the Tag Team Championships was Match Of The Night for me, an awesome opener, and Kalisto hitting the Salida del Sol on Jey Uso was a thing of beauty, looks even better in GIF form.. Sasha/Becky should've been on the main show, Rusev/Ryback was good enough, would've given them another 3 minutes, took a break during the Alberto Del Rio/Jack Swagger match, don't think i really missed much in a match with an absolutely pointless stipulation, Dean Ambrose beating Kevin Owens i did not see coming at all, hopefully now Ambrose will be given a good run with the I.C Title and not hindered by nonsensical booking, main Diva's match was another break, but the ending was so so predictable.. And the Reigns/Sheamus match, well i said my piece about that in the Random Wrasslin Thoughts for anyone who wants to read it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I gave it a five which is probably a harsh score from me not seen since Dean Ambrose got beaten by a television but I just did not care about most of the show. The only match I liked was the ladder tag which was great, I love everybody involved in it which helped. But I found it hard to care about the rest which made me feel sorry for Reigns & Sheamus who did a lot to barely any reaction. Angle at the end was good, possibly the best Roman has looked since the Lesnar match but I have very little faith in wwe right now to continue that kind of momentum for Reigns.

We didn't even get a Gore through the table :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I think there going to go with hhh vs reigns as the main event at mania for the title as they probaley think it'll be the way to get reigns cheered by the crowd and boo hhh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Was ok, the tag ladder match the best of the night. The Divas match - with Flair once again involved - is doing my nut. I've little enough interest in the Divas but Charlotte is a dose - looks like she's gonna start crying at any second - and daddy Flair getting involved and almost falling into the ring was pitiful. I like Ric Flair but I think Charlotte needs to go heel, and by the sound of the boos at the end of the match it'd want to be soon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

sky88 wrote: »
    I think there going to go with hhh vs reigns as the main event at mania for the title as they probaley think it'll be the way to get reigns cheered by the crowd and boo hhh.
    Knowing Vince it's going to be Reigns wrestling on behalf of Bryan who can't wrestle anymore vs. HHH who've got the belt wrestling on behalf of Vince who stopped Bryan from wrestling while the whole rooster will stand applauding Reigns while Bryan leads the crowd to try to get a YES! chant going when he wins and he'll still not go over...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Michael Cole sounded like he was nearly in tears when Reigns was attacking Triple H. 'Into the floor!'

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm leaning towards a 6, but I think I'll leave my vote until I see Raw and find out how they actually follow up on Reigns.

There was good stuff in the show, but it was bogged down in a lot of crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

a heel reigns who attacks people they way he attacked the league and triple h would be cool.

please god the autority dont hire Lesner or worse Big Show to defeat reigns as its been done before. Royal rumble match the league of nations vs Reigns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

PTH2009 wrote: »
    a heel reigns who attacks people they way he attacked the league and triple h would be cool.

please god the autority dont hire Lesner or worse Big Show to defeat reigns as its been done before. Royal rumble match the league of nations vs Reigns

There's no way he's about to become a heel. WWE have sacrificed pretty much the whole show over the last 2 years to avoid that. He's set to become the least charismatic upper card tweener there has ever been to my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

this is the story of the WWE of the last 5 years.
    they start a big angle at the end of a PPV, give you a glimmer of hope that things are going to improve, and then shoot themselves in the foot within the first 5 minutes of RAW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

I seem to be in the minority but I really enjoyed TLC. The ladder match was clearly the highlight, but I thought every other match was entertaining in their own ways, something which I can't say about any other PPVs this year.

In fact I think it is my favourite PPV of 2015. Not from a technical standpoint obviously, but certainly from an entertainment one. I thought the 3 hours flew by.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ruu wrote: »
    Michael Cole sounded like he was nearly in tears when Reigns was attacking Triple H. 'Into the floor!'

I actually thought Cole was going to burst into tears when Reigns went absolutely bat-**** crazy whacking everybody in sight/attacking Triple H.. For a brief few minutes i was able to suspend my belief..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Please please please build on that ending, not just in storylines but in the character of Reigns.

Jaw clenching, high impact hitting, silent and raging Reigns is someone I can really get behind.

With his high impact moves, tactical gear, outnumbered by his foes he should be a vigilante type striking from the shadows, drawing from Sting with Stone Cold mixed in, a Batman figure in ways as a way to tie in with things that people like these days.

He will probably end up smiling and goofing around as many suspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

DM_7 wrote: »
    Please please please build on that ending, not just in storylines but in the character of Reigns.

Jaw clenching, high impact hitting, silent and raging Reigns is someone I can really get behind.

With his high impact moves, tactical gear, outnumbered by his foes he should be a vigilante type striking from the shadows, drawing from Sting with Stone Cold mixed in, a Batman figure in ways as a way to tie in with things that people like these days.

He will probably end up smiling and goofing around as many suspect.

A hundred times this. It's been said many times, if they had left Reigns the way he can been in the Shield as a grumpy man of few words who just wrecks people he could have happily sat in the upper mid card doing his thing and people would've liked him well enough but no they had to try to turn him into Cena.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Rusev wins check.
    Del Rio wins check.
    Sheamus wins check.

Reigns beats all of them and HHH to a pulp. Ladies and gentlemen welcome to TLC: at least Reigns looked strong.

They've literally put all of their eggs in the one basket here with reigns. And with that I'm out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

A hundred times this. It's been said many times, if they had left Reigns the way he can been in the Shield as a grumpy man of few words who just wrecks people he could have happily sat in the upper mid card doing his thing and people would've liked him well enough but no they had to try to turn him into Cena.

The Goldberg formula. Agree x 173

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭Rolllo

They almost had something with Roman Reigns at the end there I reckon. He could be quite good as 'the hothead' (JBL keeps trying to make it stick anyway) if they made him more zen and methodical the majority of the time, then when he goes oooooo-aaaaaa and hulks up, it'd actually be something, instead of it happening 5 times in every match.

Advertisement