Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neil Young - Ireland 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I'm going to jump in here and say night three was the best.
    Ambulance Blues. That is all. :D

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    poundhound wrote: »
    Re: "What was Vicar St like?"
    During the acoustic numbers at the NY show, he had a pint of Guinness at his feet. He said his father "who lived in Howth, Dublin" recommended it.

Thats right yeah he lived there for a while in the 90s I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Shop40

Can anyone tell me if the 3 presale texts gone out yet? Still waiting on mine.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

Yeah, Vicar Street was pretty special. I think I was there on the first night, so no "Ambulance Blues" but he did do a great acoustic version of "Cortez the Killer".

Looking forward to what appears to be his first gig in Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Awesome! There's no-one greater in music than Neil Young.

All depends on what humour he is in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

I seen him on this tour in late Oct in Berkley, California. Having seen him several times before, it was the most energized he has been in quite a while.
    Three hours of hits and deep cuts (including a 27 minute version of Down by the river). Highly recommend.

In terms of the RDS gig, I enjoyed it more than his Cork gig last year (which I thought was a bit soulless)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I were to go this time around I'd want to be guaranteed the crowd pleasers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Is this likely to sell out before Christmas ?
    I'm getting fed up of all these gigs being announced at short notice so close to Christmas ,I'm cleaned out from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

Tickets "from" 86 euro.
    Steep for a standing ticket.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭8-10

furiousox wrote: »
    Tickets "from" 86 euro.
    Steep for a standing ticket.

Yeah when you consider U2 was 70euro standing in the same venue and probably able to sell less standing tickets with the second stage

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Ticketmaster are saying from €65.45 to €96.00 so I reckon standing would be either the cheapest or else around 75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Not much backchat here about the price of Shakey's tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭yogicolly

Has the 3 presale text gone out yet? Does anybody know the keyword to text for presale code? Thanks in advance?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Shop40

For presale text NEIL to 51020.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭yogicolly

Cheers

CiaranK wrote: »
    Ticketmaster are saying from €65.45 to €96.00 so I reckon standing would be either the cheapest or else around 75

Ah, 65 is ok for a standing ticket.
    I heard a radio ad earlier today and it said tickets onsale friday priced from 86 euro.
    Don't know where they got figure that from.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

furiousox wrote: »
    Ah, 65 is ok for a standing ticket.
    I heard a radio ad earlier today and it said tickets onsale friday priced from 86 euro.
    Don't know where they got figure that from.

Ticketmaster site does says prices subject to change though so it could well be.

• Site Banned Posts: 66 ✭✭bloominballix

Where do you buy tickets? I see no option on ticketmaster for the presale?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 formernyer

€93 for a standing ticket including all the TM charges (€86 before them).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Ouch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

pre-sale seats are rubbish as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

formernyer wrote: »
    €93 for a standing ticket including all the TM charges (€86 before them).

:eek:

That rules me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

Serious bucks. I suppose there is that divorce to pay for.....

The Vicar Street gig wasn't much more expensive than that for a seat back in the day. OK, a few years ago but....

• Site Banned Posts: 66 ✭✭bloominballix

I paid €70 for a standing ticket to U2, so Neil can go **** himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

Anyone so kind as to PM me presale code to a fellow boardsie?! Aint missed a Neil show since before 08 & aint a 3 customer....

zac8 wrote: »
    pre-sale seats are rubbish as usual

I got a seat in Block E row 18.
    103 euro :(

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Ridiculous prices. So much cheaper last time I saw him in the point. Was a brilliant gig but won't be bothering at those prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Is this ticket price also down to what Irish promoters think they can get away with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

seachto7 wrote: »
    Is this ticket price also down to what Irish promoters think they can get away with?

I'm not sure. It'd be really interesting to find out the breakdown of the fees bands charge for gigs along with the cost to promoters of organising gigs.

From what I remember, when AC/DC played here last July, the tickets in the UK were similarly priced, so I would think that the bands themselves are most responsible for ticket prices, as a result of the fee they charge for the gigs.

It's an interesting question, for example when Public Image Limited played in Tripod on Friday 10th June 2011, the tickets were €44.50 and €48.50.

but when they played The Button Factory a year later, Sunday 29th July 2012 they were €29.50 standing and €33.50 seated.

It's not often that the tickets are less expensive the next time a band plays here!:)

Both shows were promoted by Pod.

https://thumped.com/bbs/threads/public-image-ltd-debut-dublin-show-in-june-onsale-9am-this-friday.83027/

https://roundtown.com/event/23052902/PIL-The-Button-Factory-THIS-SUNDAY-Dublin-IE

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/Public-Image-Ltd-to-play-The-Button-Factory/115409.htm

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/PiL-Make-Dublin-Debut-This-June/59163.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Anyone else getting an internal server error when trying to buy the pre-sale tickets?

Advertisement