Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas lights

• 14-12-2015 1:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

A christmas tradition of ours at home is to drive around looking at homes that have fabulous christmas lights. We have gone to westbury and the hyde road. Any other recommendations as to where we can bring the kids to see some wow christmas lights

Comments

yogalady wrote: »
    A christmas tradition of ours at home is to drive around looking at homes that have fabulous christmas lights. We have gone to westbury and the hyde road. Any other recommendations as to where we can bring the kids to see some wow christmas lights

Its a bit of a drive but really worth the spin to Templeglantine to have a look at this. The kids will love it. I find that houses in the county are more impressive than the city. They have the space so they can lay them out much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I think those one-off houses in the countryside look incredibly tacky. And that's before the cover them with Christmas lights!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Lighting and decorations in the suburbs this year seem to be a lot more restrained than a few years back - at least that's what I thought anyway - especially around the Ennis Rd. Caherdavin areas.

Different thinking? Have people got a bit jaded with the 'Vegas look after years of glitzy displays? Is the slightly 'subdued' lighting decor considered a bit more tasteful i.e. less tacky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Hyde road etc are always good for retina scorching Christmas decorations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Hyde road etc are always good for retina scorching Christmas decorations.

The Strip?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Not a house but would recommend going to see the animated Christmas display being projected onto Penneys in town.

Advertisement