Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't know Dublin - to and from Beacon Hospital?

Options
  • 14-12-2015 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Coming via Monaghan on Bus Eireann. Do I get off at Busaras then take Dublin Bus to the hospital? Would need to be back at Busaras again afterwards for 18.45 return journey.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Get green luas out to stillorgan and its roughly a 10 or 15min walk up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

Thanks. Should have said, walking could be a problem.

Hospital called with an appointment at short notice (Wednesday).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

You could take the Luas from Busaras to Abbey St/O Connell St junction and take bus 11 to Sandyford from there. There's still short distance to walk at the end though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

Any guess what time I could be there if I got in to Busaras at 13.20?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

You can use hittheroad.ie to estimate times and see options on the map.
    Returning will be more difficult as you'll be in the afterwork rush but lunchtime you should be there reasonably quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

eman66 wrote: »
    Any guess what time I could be there if I got in to Busaras at 13.20?

Rough guess:
    Could be at Abbey Luas stop by 13:30,
    Walk to St Stephens Green and be on Sandyford Luas by 13:55
    Arrive at Stillorgan Luas around 14:20 and then give yourself a 15min walk up to Beacon.... probably 14:35 at the Beacon?
    I'd be concerned you say walking could be a problem though.
    How bad would you be?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The easiest way would be a taxi from Busaras all the way. The next easiest would be a taxi to the Green LUAS line, travel on the LUAS to Dundrum and then a taxi from Dundrum LUAS stop to the Beacon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

Transportforireland.ie has a good route planner

Advertisement