Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

ride on mower reversing

• 14-12-2015 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

I have a ride on mower its geared 5 forward and 1 reverse. the decking rotted and have put a Calf feeder on wheels ! For towing it about really handy !! Thing is reverse is painfully slow and I need reverse for coming out of sheds ! Is there any way of speeding up reverse without it being a big or expense job ! Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

angusangus wrote: »
    I have a ride on mower its geared 5 forward and 1 reverse. the decking rotted and have put a Calf feeder on wheels ! For towing it about really handy !! Thing is reverse is painfully slow and I need reverse for coming out of sheds ! Is there any way of speeding up reverse without it being a big or expense job ! Anyone?

Fit a Hayabusa engine in it............:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Fit a Hayabusa engine in it............:P

I didn't think the Hayabusa had a reverse gear at all. :eek:

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Is it chain-drive to the wheels ?

if it is, change the sprocket on the gearbox for one with one or two more teeth

downside : this will make 1,2,3,4,5 forward gears a bit taller too though

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kawasaki1100

Forget the mower put it on Donedeal and sell it. Treat yourself to a quad for Christmas and you will never look back. By the sounds of it would be purpose built for your job.Would recommend a Kawasaki 300b 2 or 4 wheel drive 50mm tow hitch you can add stuff like winches etc,reliable engines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Forget the mower put it on Donedeal and sell it. Treat yourself to a quad for Christmas and you will never look back. By the sounds of it would be purpose built for your job.Would recommend a Kawasaki 300b 2 or 4 wheel drive 50mm tow hitch you can add stuff like winches etc,reliable engines

can't beat € 200 worth of ride-on mower with modifications

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057525668

howdee wrote: »
    Have an old lawnmower with a scraper on the front of it, cleans 60 cubicles daily. Much cheaper then a quad unless you already have one.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/227834/370041.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement