Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ride on mower reversing

• 14-12-2015 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

I have a ride on mower its geared 5 forward and 1 reverse. the decking rotted and have put a Calf feeder on wheels ! For towing it about really handy !! Thing is reverse is painfully slow and I need reverse for coming out of sheds ! Is there any way of speeding up reverse without it being a big or expense job ! Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

Consider putting a simple reverse electric motor on instead , might be simpler and easier to modify than playing with the existing gear set up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭blackbox

I presume it has a belt drive between the motor and gearbox. It should be possible to get a higher gear ratio by changing the pulleys.

This will give a higher ratio to all gears, so if you need first as it is now for towing you might make it too high.

Check out lawnmower racing on YouTube.

Advertisement