Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuart Turner M330N pump - over pressurised?

Options
  • 14-12-2015 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭

I was having a problem where the pump was coming on and off for a few seconds once a minute or so. I was relatively confident that there are no leaks, so tried pumping up the air vessel with a foot pump.

This has definitely reduced the frequency of the on/off (need to wait a while to see if it's definitely gone), but as I was putting the pump away, I think I may have misread the gauge. I took the cap off again and tried using the head of the pump to let some air out, but that didn't seem to work. Any idea what problems I'm causing myself if I've over pressurised it?

(And then as I was typing, it just kicked in again, so I'll need to go leak hunting).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭nmacc

IIRC the correct pressure for the vessel should be around 0.8 Bar.

If you put plenty of air into it and you can't get any out, then there are two possibilities.

1. The membrane in the vessel is ruptured and the air is simply going into th water pipes.

2. The vessel has been de-pressurised for a long time and the rubber membrane has stuck together. This means that you weren't actually putting air into it, as it wasn't accepting any.

If either of the foregoing is the case, you need a new expansion vessel. You could get a Stuart Turner one, but I think there is a cheaper generic one available from Heat Merchants. Be sure to check with them that it is suitable for a potted water system.

Or then again, you might just have a leak...:-)

Advertisement