Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPS = Theives (Christmas ruined by UPS)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭CaoimheSquee

I have worked in places also that don't allow personal deliveries. Definitely not a given.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

8mv wrote: »
    I used to have a delivery franchise an I cannot understand people addressing packages to their residence and then taking a day off to "wait in" for it. Can you not have it delivered to your workplace? Or the workplace of a family member? I used to own a delivery franchise and I never came across any business that objected to taking in personal packages. In my current job I'm the first point of contact for the delivery companies and I encourage all my colleagues to have their personal packages delivered to the work address - everybody gets their stuff on time and the couriers don't get their heads wrecked trying to decipher home addresses. (I used to deliver around Ennis and at least two or three times a year I'd get a parcel with an unfamiliar Ennis address and find that it should have been addressed to Enniscorthy or Enniskillen - and they would still expect it to be delivered that day!) Have some patience with the delivery guy - he or she has more that just your parcel on board and mistakes can be made with house addresses.
    My company doesn't like it
    I have worked in places also that don't allow personal deliveries. Definitely not a given.

My workplace don't allow personal deliveries. When I joined they made that clear from the off. They will refuse anything that comes to the reception. So I don't think that it is a common thing for businesses to accept personal parcels for employees at all.

I had a parcel coming before Christmas. I was watching the tracking and suddenly it said signed for - signature I didn't recognise - and delivered, to a car dealership 15min away from me that I have no connection to whatsoever. Rang the company, they gave me the drivers no, rang him, parcel was on the seat beside him and he was due to me in approx 20min. He has no idea why it said delivered and signed for, with signature, somewhere else. Complete shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

I'm lucky that my place allows for personal deliveries for stuff from couriers. The main reason is deliveries come to the warehouse and once you tip them off that's its a personal delivery they are OK with it. It saves them looking for an order on the purchasing system.

However, I have started to use Parcel Motel for anything I order with a chemical in it as I don't want that going to the warehouse at work. The reason, I work in a biopharmaceutical facility.

Edit. I refuse to use Interlink/DPD as previously Interlink "lost" parts of a vintage I had sent to the UK for custom machining work and they "lost" the return parcel for a week. I found it in their reception.

Advertisement