Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does your lecturer know your Name? Public/Private Thrid level Institues

Options
  • 14-12-2015 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Guys,
    I am attending a Institute of Technology and i for one am very surprised that two of twelve lectures knew my name last year, some just pointed at you when they wanted you to answer a question. Im not saying every lecturer should know every students name as class size may greatly contribute to this scenario but a little bit of effort is nice to see. I am just wondering for those who have a attended universities and or private colleges is this the case there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Boober Fraggle

4 years in college and I would say none of the lecturers ever knew my name. Maybe they knew it from assignments, but they'd never have been able to attach it to my face, assignments were handed in through the office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Hi Guys,
    I am attending a Institute of Technology and i for one am very surprised that two of twelve lectures knew my name last year, some just pointed at you when they wanted you to answer a question. Im not saying every lecturer should know every students name as class size may greatly contribute to this scenario but a little bit of effort is nice to see. I am just wondering for those who have a attended universities and or private colleges is this the case there?

The lecturers that got to know our names usually came from the fact they may have met us through our smaller tutorial groups. Unless it was optional module with a group of 30/40 , they usually managed to get our names. In one of my postgrad's our lecturers had a print out of our student ID photos so I got a surprise when one or two called me by name one day.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

When I was training to be a teacher, all the lecturers had our photos in a folder and yes, even though there were 250 in my year alone, most of them knew us all!

Advertisement