Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First build for editing/gaming

Options
  • 14-12-2015 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Looking to build a PC which I can use for editing and some gaming.

1. What is your budget? €700 - 800

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Editing and rendering will be the main use, Will be using programs such as Sony Vegas, Photoshop & Adobe Light room. I hope to do some gaming as well

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? No

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Keyboard/Mouse

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes

8. How can you pay? Card/Paypal

9. When are you purchasing? Within the next few months

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Heavy on the CPU and light on the graphics is what i'd be looking at here. An i7 (hyperthreading speeds up render times) or even the Xeon CPU (not sure if this is still a viable option) and something like the GTX 950 or 960 depending on budget constraints. There are some nice AMD budget graphics cards too that others can suggest. Pick up a nice logitech keyboard and mouse combo from PC World or something. You don't need to go mad on the peripherals.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

H81M board €50
    Xeon 1231v3 €250
    16gb RAM €75
    500w PSU €60
    Case €50
    1tb HDD €50
    120gb SSD €60
    GTX 960 €200
    Total Little over 800, lost count

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Just keep in mind that the Xeon processor has no inbuilt graphics processor. You won't see anything on your monitor if you don't have a working graphics card.

It shouldn't be an issue, but if something does go wrong with your graphics card, you will want to know someone with a spare or pick up a really cheap secondhand media graphics card to keep on hand.

Advertisement