Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

loan/standing order query

Options
  • 14-12-2015 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi

Ive emailed a couple of weeks ago but still havent received a reply.
    What I need is details how to change my current direct debit that I have set up to pay off a BOI loan.
    I do not reside in Ireland anymore so I need to change the bank details that the standing order/debit is coming out of each month. 

I cant call as mobile costs are too high and as mentioned Ive head nothing back via the email contact form on the boi site.

any help appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Good Afternoon medikate,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

We are sorry to hear you did not receive a reply to your initial query. These requests would have to be made via the branch, by calling in or phoning. If you cannot do either of these, then we would ask that you make this request in writing. For a list of branch addresses please see this link; https://goo.gl/6kkoHw

In your request you would need to include the account the direct debit is currently coming out of, the BIC and IBAN of the account that you wish to change it to, and confirm the date and amount.

I hope this answers your query,

Thanks.

Evie

• Registered Users Posts: 35 medikate

Good Afternoon medikate,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

We are sorry to hear you did not receive a reply to your initial query. These requests would have to be made via the branch, by calling in or phoning. If you cannot do either of these, then we would ask that you make this request in writing. For a list of branch addresses please see this link; https://goo.gl/6kkoHw

In your request you would need to include the account the direct debit is currently coming out of, the BIC and IBAN of the account that you wish to change it to, and confirm the date and amount.

I hope this answers your query,

Thanks.

Evie
    Thanks for getting back with those details Evie however, doesn't it seem a bit archaic to have to do this by snail mail.

Couple of questions around this roadblock

If I send a snail mail how will boi contact me back? 
    Will they post a letter out to the UK with the loan account details or will they phone my Uk number with instruction.

Also is there an option to do this via email with boi

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

medikate wrote: »
    Thanks for getting back with those details Evie however, doesn't it seem a bit archaic to have to do this by snail mail.

Will they post a letter out to the UK with the loan account details or will they phone my Uk number with instruction.

thanks
    Hi Medikate,

Thanks for your reply.

It's not possible to amend your standing order to your Loan Account via email. If you are unable to contact us by phone, you can submit your request by posting a signed written instruction to your account holding branch. Please include a contact number on the instruction so the branch can call you if necessary.

Contact details for your branch can be found here

If you would like us to send your Loan Account details by post, please state this on the instruction.

Thanks,

Sharon

Thank you Sharon

I have the branch address for O'Connell St, Dublin from the link supplied. What other details do I need to fill out on the letter instructing BOI to change the standing order account and which department do I need to address this to.

regards

thanks
    Hi Medikate,

Thanks for your reply.

It's not possible to amend your standing order to your Loan Account via email. If you are unable to contact us by phone, you can submit your request by posting a signed written instruction to your account holding branch. Please include a contact number on the instruction so the branch can call you if necessary.

Contact details for your branch can be found here

If you would like us to send your Loan Account details by post, please state this on the instruction.

Thanks,

Sharon

Good Morning,

In the letter please include the loan account number account, the direct debit it's currently coming out of, the BIC and IBAN of the account that you wish to change it to, and confirm the date and amount.

Please sign this letter (if this is a joint account, please include the signature of the other account holder) and also your contact number so we can contact you if needed.

I hope this answers your query fully, but please let us know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Evie

• Advertisement

Good Morning,

In the letter please include the loan account number account, the direct debit it's currently coming out of, the BIC and IBAN of the account that you wish to change it to, and confirm the date and amount.

Please sign this letter (if this is a joint account, please include the signature of the other account holder) and also your contact number so we can contact you if needed.

I hope this answers your query fully, but please let us know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Evie
    Hi

I sent back the letter to BOI O'Connell Street loan department over 2 weeks ago but as yet havent heard anything back to either my phone, email or house address confirming if they processed the change.
    Is there an email address for BOI O'connell st I can contact?

thank you

Good Morning,

Thanks,

Evie
    Hi

I've posted back the letter to the BOI loans branch on O'Connell St Dublin over 2 weeks ago but havent received a response confirming my request (as above) to either my email, phone number or house address provided in the letter.
    Would you have an email address for the branch so I can contact them. Im unable to find one for that branch via the BOI site.

thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Good Morning,

Thanks,

Evie
    Hi

I've posted back the letter to the BOI loans branch on O'Connell St Dublin over 2 weeks ago but havent received a response confirming my request (as above) to either my email, phone number or house address provided in the letter.
    Would you have an email address for the branch so I can contact them. Im unable to find one for that branch via the BOI site.

thank you
    Hi medikate,

Sorry to hear you have not yet heard back about this amendment request.

If you would like to send a PM here, we can forward your details to O'Connell street branch to request them to look into this for you. Please include your name and a contact number in your private message (please do not include any account numbers). To send us a private message please click on the link in my signature below. 

Thanks,
    Sarah 

Hi Sarah

Im receiving the following error (see attached) when trying to send a PM. It mentions you are not set up to receive PMs. 
    Anything I can do to get around this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

Hi

Im receiving the following error (see attached) when trying to send a PM. It mentions you are not set up to receive PMs. 
    Hi medikate,

Just wanted to let you know I've sent you a private message in relation to this.

Have a good day.

Helen

• Advertisement

Hi

Hi medikate,

Just wanted to let you know I've sent you a private message in relation to this.

Have a good day.

Helen
    thanks Helen

Ive sent through the details as requested.

Hi

Hi medikate,

Have a good day.

Helen
    thanks Helen

Thanks medikate,

We will pass this on to your branch straight away and have someone call you as soon as possible,

Thanks,

Evie

Hi

Hi medikate,

Have a good day.

Helen
    thanks Helen

Thanks medikate,

We will pass this on to your branch straight away and have someone call you as soon as possible,

Thanks,

Evie
    Hi

I received a call from BOI yesterday and was informed that it does not work by sending a letter as I was previously informed.
    "In the letter please include the loan account number account, the direct debit it's currently coming out of, the BIC and IBAN of the account that you wish to change it to, and confirm the date and amount."

I was advised of the following:
    If it is a standing order then the customer needs to contact their own bank they wish to have the finds withdrawn from and set up a standing order from that account to the BOI loan account and close off the old standing order.

Also to note that if its a UK bank account as mentioned you will need to provide proof of address and your National Insurance number (PPS) to Bank of Ireland...for fraud purposes apparently.
    Also be aware the exchange costs if going from the UK to an Irish bank.

If this is incorrect can BOI amend as necessary.

Hi

Hi medikate,

Have a good day.

Helen
    thanks Helen

Thanks medikate,

Thanks,

Evie
    Hi

I received a call from BOI yesterday and was informed that it does not work by sending a letter as I was previously informed.
    "In the letter please include the loan account number account, the direct debit it's currently coming out of, the BIC and IBAN of the account that you wish to change it to, and confirm the date and amount."

I was advised of the following:
    If it is a standing order then the customer needs to contact their own bank they wish to have the finds withdrawn from and set up a standing order from that account to the BOI loan account and close off the old standing order.

Also to note that if its a UK bank account as mentioned you will need to provide proof of address and your National Insurance number (PPS) to Bank of Ireland...for fraud purposes apparently.
    Also be aware the exchange costs if going from the UK to an Irish bank.

If this is incorrect can BOI amend as necessary.
    Good Afternoon medikate,

Apologies for the confusion over this, when a loan is paid off from a BOI account this is usually taken via 'direct debit'. When you wish to change the account this is taken from, the above steps are necessary, and so this is why you were given this information. 

As your account was identified as having payments taken via 'standing order' then the process would be different, sorry this has taken so long to rectify. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with and we can arrange a call to you. 

Thanks,

Evie 

Advertisement