Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Graduate Course in Psychology or Psychotherapy

Options
  • 14-12-2015 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi All,

I was hoping that someone may be able to offer me some advice - I have a BA (Hons) Degree in Applied Social Studies and I'm hoping to go on and do a postgraduate in psychology or psychotherapy however, I'm not entirely sure where to begin.
    I'm not sure which of these area's would be more valuable - I love working with people and I've spent alot of time working and volunteering in the social care sector but I know its time for me to further myself.
    I was looking at the integrative psychotherapy course in UL as I meet all of requirements for the post grad dip - but what happens next?
    Am I better off doing a 2 year conversion course in psychology and try to get work as an assistant psychologist while studying?

If anyone has any experience and can tell me about career options after post grads in these area's I would be extremely grateful!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

There are lots of existing threads on this on the Psychology forum, you might find an answer to your question there.

Advertisement