Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co Sleeper Question

Options
  • 14-12-2015 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Thinking of getting a co sleeper and in particular the Arms Reach Universal. I've just measured the height of my bed as 17 inches and this co sleeper is for beds starting at 18 inches.

For those of you who has used this co sleeper (or the mini even, imagine the mechanics are the same) would being an inch out make a difference? Would it still be ok to use? I gather the rail between co sleeper and the bed is 4 inches, so it would be 5 inches on my side? I don't mind the stretching of that more wondering about any affect on safety. Tried looking at their site but can't really find any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

When do you want the co sleeper for? I have one that I could give away in 5 months if you're interested. FOC as its been used by quite a few babies but is still in good condition.

I have the mini and I think it was more or less the same height as our bed but an inch wouldn't make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

Thanks for answering - I didn't think an inch would make a difference but it's good to know and get an idea from someone who's used it!

Thanks so much for the offer but I really need to get one now. Baby is 3 months (I know starting late!) That's one reason why I want the universal, coz it'll last longer. She's outgrowing her moses basket and can't face putting her in her own room yet. Co sleeper feels like a better idea than cradle and can convert it to playpen/toddler bed apparently (tho have my doubts about those being practical, we'll see!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Can you DIY hack the cot to the bed? There's YouTube tutorials on it. We had the next to me cosleeper, lasted to 6.5 months with him in the room and he was still light enough for it for the illness/teething bouts where it was better to have him in with us until about 10 months. But he's long and skinny not a heavy baby

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sambucus nigra

Can you DIY hack the cot to the bed? There's YouTube tutorials on it. We had the next to me cosleeper, lasted to 6.5 months with him in the room and he was still light enough for it for the illness/teething bouts where it was better to have him in with us until about 10 months. But he's long and skinny not a heavy baby

+1. Our baby isn't here yet but we are doing this, example of IKEA hack below.

http://www.ikeahackers.net/2012/02/sniglar-crib-co-sleeper.html

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

One thing to keep in mind - will you have to reach far to put the baby into the cosleeper? Will it be higher than your bed? If you have to reach up a bit to put the baby into the cosleeper from your bed, it might be awkward. You can probably figure it out by measuring against your bed and seeing where it would be.

• Advertisement

One thing to keep in mind - will you have to reach far to put the baby into the cosleeper? Will it be higher than your bed? If you have to reach up a bit to put the baby into the cosleeper from your bed, it might be awkward. You can probably figure it out by measuring against your bed and seeing where it would be.

This is true but anything has to be better than trekking out to another room. Especially if it's a few times a night. At least if I can sit up in the bed and stretch that'll do me!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

theLuggage wrote: »
    This is true but anything has to be better than trekking out to another room. Especially if it's a few times a night. At least if I can sit up in the bed and stretch that'll do me!

Oh, yes! There is no way I'd be able to function if I had to get up and go to my son in another room. I am a total fan of a cosleeper!

I meant that if it is a bit too high then you might think about getting one that is more in line with your own bed. We were given an arm's reach cosleeper second hand from a friend but it was too high for our bed, so we got a cot in ikea and took one side off it. It is in line with our own bed (also Ikea). You just need to make sure it is attached to your bed in some way, so it won't slip away from it and leave a gap.

Ah with you know! Been having some sleepless nights here lately - not good for the brain!! ;-)

Advertisement