Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PID Controller Set-Up

Options
  • 14-12-2015 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've got PID controller, SSR, thermocouple all that good stuff. I've been looking for proper wiring diagrams on line but they all are fancy controlling a whole load of pots. Can someone point me out in the right direction as to where a simple wiring diagram would be, I'm getting an electrician to wire it up for me but it's something that he doesn't do that often or at all. Just give him something to get him going. He mightn't need it, just handy to have it.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

What instrument is it ?
    There should be sufficient information in the manual ?
    Is the TC a Pt100 ?
    Whats the load ? Usually the SSR outputs are quite low ?
    You shouldn't need anything extra as the input set-point will entered on the Digital display ?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭mayto

If you search n2006p, which are the pid's I use in my herms you should find an instruction manual with a simple setup diagram. The Pid will usually have power input of 230V or 12V. The ssr will be supplied by a low voltage to turn ssr output on/off, controlling kettle element phase for example.

Advertisement