Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malahide Christmas Kingdom v CHQ Believe in Christmas

Options
  • 14-12-2015 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,285 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Thinking of visiting this weekend either the "Christmas Kingdom" in Malahide Village:
    http://christmaskingdom.ie/the-experience

Or the "I Believe In Christmas" on at the CHQ building at IFSC:
    http://www.ibelieveinchristmas.ie/

Opinions on both welcome, also, I think the Malahide one is free to visit (unless you want to see Santa), not sure about the CHQ one?

If there are any other Christmassy places worth visiting on the DART line, suggestions welcome...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

They are both very different.

CHQ is a Christmas market with about 25 stalls selling small gifts, food, decorations etc. There are 1 or 2 amusements for kids, and 1 or 2 mulled wine stands for big kids.
    It looks great but there's not really a lot of people around. I wasn't overly impressed. I was in and out in 15 minutes.

Malahide Christmas kingdom is tiny. 2 ice skating rinks, 6 or 7 small stalls which aren't always open, a small merry go round and 2 catering stalls. Unless you really like ice skating I wouldn't bother. It was a big disappointment.

I don't like being overly negative about these things, but I wasn't really impressed with both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

odyssey06 wrote: »
    If there are any other Christmassy places worth visiting on the DART line, suggestions welcome...

Airfield in Dundrum have a Christmas experience:
    http://www.airfield.ie/events/airfield-estate-christmas-experience2015/
    I'm only mentioned it because Airfield itself is gorgeous, but I haven't been to this..
    The prices are steep though!!
    I guess if money isn't an issue, this might be worth considering.
    (It's on the green luas line)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,285 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Thanks for the info, sounds like Malahide Village not a runner... will mull *ahem* over the appeal of mulled wine in CHQ ... Airside sounds lovely just location not convenient :(

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,533 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Dublin Flea Market at point village was great, Don't know if it's on this weekend. George's dock is a joke, €6 small cup of non alcoholic lidl mulled wine. You shouldn't give rip offs any business, in the markets in Germany if someone is selling €6 beers people just ignore them and they go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Spoke to someone who went to malahide
    Takes 40-50 minutes.
    There is a train, Mrs C, snow queen, animals and 2 of the Santa's

The elf takes a group of kids and entertains them for the duration . he then directs them to one of the Santa's.

We are going to Christmas island in rathdrum next week. Its about 2 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Was in malahide on Sunday. Its not a Christmas market. Its a few locked sheds in muddy field.

Also parking is horrendous

Advertisement