Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free tv for joining eir on black friday

Options
  • 14-12-2015 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

On 27th of nov(black Friday) eir were offering a free 32" smart tv to the first 50 customers. I signed up and a guy called Gary called me back. He told me I was 6th or 7th on the list and that he could definitely secure the tv for me. I agreed and signed a 24 month contract.
    After the service was installed I called to enquire about the tv. I was told I had to wait for a 14 day cooling off period and that I would receive the tv then . 17 days after I signed up I called only to wait on hold for 35 minutes a girl didn't know about this deal.
    After asking her supervisor she said the tvs were to be givin away in a draw. I explained that It clearly said the first 50 customers would receive the tvs and I had also got my sister-in-law to sign due to this offer.
    After putting me on hold again she told me her supervisor said the tvs were to be givin out after 30 days.
    She sounded unsure and I doubted wether she believed her supervisor as he had allready made something up as to avoid dealing with the issue.
    Anyway has anyone else signed up to this deal or have any advice on what to do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

You're in the wrong forum but they should have a recording of the call in which they promised the TV and you agreed to the contract.

If they don't have the recording, they can't enforce the contract. If they have it and it matches your version of events, then they can either provide the TV or void the contract.

Either way, nothing to worry about.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Moved to Cable

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Moved from S[font=arial, sans-serif]atellite//cable[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi robwall19

If you would like to PM me your order or account number I will be happy to look in to this and get back to you within 24hrs

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement