Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repressurising boiler pressure

• 14-12-2015 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi, i needed to bleed the radiators as they were not heating properly due to air in them

Now the boiler pressure has dropped to 0.8bar when off, it was at about 1.5bar before i started so need to get it back to that level

so how do i do this? i dont have anything on the boiler like in youtube videos - is it done in the hotpress?

ive attached some pictures, maybe somebody can help me with this please! thanks

xgicg4.jpg
    24yrdqg.jpg
    501nwy.jpg

edit: its the valve in the top picture - opening this lets water into the system and increases the pressure
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭getaroom

bicycle pump from halfords, the one you stand on. has a pressure gauge. about 20 quid last time i checked.

pressurize expansion vessel (white yoke in the picture)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

getaroom wrote: »
    bicycle pump from halfords, the one you stand on. has a pressure gauge. about 20 quid last time i checked.

pressurize expansion vessel (white yoke in the picture)

^^^^^
    This advice is totally incorrect and very misleading.

First off the white expansion vessel in the picture has absolutely nothing to do with your central heating system. So you could pump it all you like and it will have zero effect on the heating system.
    Secondly, even if it was the expansion vessel for the heating system, the system has lost water pressure, pumping up the vessel does not replenish the lost water volume.

@ Themossinator,

In the attached picture see the brass valve with the round pressure gauge approx centre of the pic.
    Try to turn the black knob slowly anticlockwise. This should start to allow water into the system. Keep an eye on the pressure gauge and close the valve off at approx 1.25 - 1.5 bar.
    Once you have reached this pressure and closed the valve you may need to turn off your boiler to reset it and get it back to normal.

xgicg4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭getaroom

worked for me, but there you go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

getaroom wrote: »
    worked for me, but there you go!

The vessel in the pictures above is not connected to the central heating system, as any plumber could tell. So your advise was incorrect. So there you go!

Advertisement