Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

not feeling the urge

Options
  • 14-12-2015 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

hi folks,do any of you ever get the feeling not to bother to train any day?i mean some days i dont want to get off the couch,i dont feel i have the energy,i train 5 days a week mon-fri,then comes monday i feel burnt out,is this natural,or is there something i can eat/drink to boost energy levels?thanks all:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,770 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Are ya getting enough sleep?

How is your food plan?

Are you seeing any results?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sniperman

everlast75 wrote: »
    Are ya getting enough sleep?

How is your food plan?

Are you seeing any results?

hi,get about 8 hours a night,trying to take in as much protein as i can afford,and yes i am seeing results,also im am the wrong side of 50,would age be a factor in feeling that i dont have the energy some days and feel like quitting altogether?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

No, listen to your body, if it tells you that you need a rest take one. Muscles don't grow for the hour you're in the gym they grow at rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭sugna

Try going to the gym every second day instead of 5 days in a row. Try 3 days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

sugna wrote: »
    Try going to the gym every second day instead of 5 days in a row. Try 3 days a week.

This. 5 days a week is fine if you're recovering from it but regardless of age if you're not recovering either do less per workout or as above do 3 days per week.
    Even when I was 22 is was doing 5 days per week and I was so constantly wrecked I stayed weak as fcuk and that only improved once I stopped running myself into the ground.
    Take 1 week off, read up on some 3 day splits and you won't know yourself when you go back.
    And get lots of sleep and water!

• Advertisement
Advertisement