Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why did i not contact you first and saved me alot of time and grief with EIR/EIRCOM

Options
  • 14-12-2015 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I had been an Eircom customer for some time and noticed that my bills had jumped from approx 40 euro to almost 70 euro per month which was paid by direct debit. I contacted them about this and and was advised of a package that would reduce my monthly bill. Also I felt that by staying with Eircom I could expect a smooth transition as I wasn't changing Service Provider and Eircom had all my details including bank account numbers.
    From the onset it was disappointing as the transition was far from satisfactory. I first contacted them on July 23 but it took until August 31 for them to change over to the new package. As a customer I felt that Eir had kept me on the older package for longer than necessary so that they could take extra month fees at the higher rate . . In addition when the bill arrived it was in the amount of 104.22 euro which was almost twice package deal that I was sold on July 23 . Eir had not delivered what was promised (thereby breaking any contract) so I decided to phone Eir on Oct 9th and spoke to xxxxxxx to cancel my account. I was told that I could not cancel my phone/broadband as Eircom were having "technical problems". Eventually I was given an email address and emailed them to cancel same.
    I again phoned Eir on October 14th to check that everything was in order as I did not want any problems changing to another Provider. I was told by xxxxx that "there was no outstanding balance". I changed my Provider and expected that to be the end of it.
    In early November I received a bill from Eir for €226.82 and again contacted them and spoke to xxxxxxx on November 9. I advised her of my conversation on October 14th with xxxxx. It  became apparent over the duration of the conversation that Eir were having serious issues with their systems including old/new account numbers, direct debits etc. as the previous bill had not been debited from my account. After an hour I was advised that the pre recorded conversations would be reviewed and that someone would call me back. NOBODY called back. However I did email that same address given to me on Oct 9th querying this same bill and specified the amount €226.82. I received an email on November 18th stating that " I can confirm that there is no outstanding balance on the account". I assumed that Eir had decided that they had made such a mess of my account and incompetent systems and not collecting direct debits which were set up on their systems etc that they had waived same and that the email was confirmation of same.
    December 10th I received a bill in the amount €354.77
    I spoke to Eir today December 14th. I asked to speak with a manager. I spoke with xxxx for an hour before she eventually put me through to a superviser/manager xxxxxx. The service from Eircom has been very disappointing. They have admitted more than once the inadequacies of their systems. I was advised today verbally by Eircom would waive their "slap on" fees which bring the invoice amount back to €104.22. Yet I have it in writing that there is no "outstanding balance".
    If Eircom had to have set up the package as promised in July, if Eircom had collected their direct debit when they should have, if Eircom had had the courtesy to ring me back when they said they would, if Eircom had not told me on more than one accasion that there was "no outstanding balance", if Eircom wouldn't keep you so long waiting on the phone when a customer has a complaint I wouldn't have an issue with them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

desana wrote: »
    I had been an Eircom customer for some time and noticed that my bills had jumped from approx 40 euro to almost 70 euro per month which was paid by direct debit. I contacted them about this and and was advised of a package that would reduce my monthly bill. Also I felt that by staying with Eircom I could expect a smooth transition as I wasn't changing Service Provider and Eircom had all my details including bank account numbers.
    From the onset it was disappointing as the transition was far from satisfactory. I first contacted them on July 23 but it took until August 31 for them to change over to the new package. As a customer I felt that Eir had kept me on the older package for longer than necessary so that they could take extra month fees at the higher rate . . In addition when the bill arrived it was in the amount of 104.22 euro which was almost twice package deal that I was sold on July 23 . Eir had not delivered what was promised (thereby breaking any contract) so I decided to phone Eir on Oct 9th and spoke to xxxxxxx to cancel my account. I was told that I could not cancel my phone/broadband as Eircom were having "technical problems". Eventually I was given an email address and emailed them to cancel same.
    I again phoned Eir on October 14th to check that everything was in order as I did not want any problems changing to another Provider. I was told by xxxxx that "there was no outstanding balance". I changed my Provider and expected that to be the end of it.
    In early November I received a bill from Eir for €226.82 and again contacted them and spoke to xxxxxxx on November 9. I advised her of my conversation on October 14th with xxxxx. It  became apparent over the duration of the conversation that Eir were having serious issues with their systems including old/new account numbers, direct debits etc. as the previous bill had not been debited from my account. After an hour I was advised that the pre recorded conversations would be reviewed and that someone would call me back. NOBODY called back. However I did email that same address given to me on Oct 9th querying this same bill and specified the amount €226.82. I received an email on November 18th stating that " I can confirm that there is no outstanding balance on the account". I assumed that Eir had decided that they had made such a mess of my account and incompetent systems and not collecting direct debits which were set up on their systems etc that they had waived same and that the email was confirmation of same.
    December 10th I received a bill in the amount €354.77
    I spoke to Eir today December 14th. I asked to speak with a manager. I spoke with xxxx for an hour before she eventually put me through to a superviser/manager xxxxxx. The service from Eircom has been very disappointing. They have admitted more than once the inadequacies of their systems. I was advised today verbally by Eircom would waive their "slap on" fees which bring the invoice amount back to €104.22. Yet I have it in writing that there is no "outstanding balance".
    If Eircom had to have set up the package as promised in July, if Eircom had collected their direct debit when they should have, if Eircom had had the courtesy to ring me back when they said they would, if Eircom had not told me on more than one accasion that there was "no outstanding balance", if Eircom wouldn't keep you so long waiting on the phone when a customer has a complaint I wouldn't have an issue with them.
    I'm really sorry to hear this desana

If you could please PM me your eir account number I will look in to this further and get back to you within 24hrs

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement