Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen Chair Repair - Carpenter Reqd

Options
  • 14-12-2015 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

Small repair job need for a kitchen chair, who locally would be able to fix this?

Needs a new spindle shaped and fitted. Seems a shame to have to throw it out

Regards

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Attachment is not showing up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭annfield1978

Apologies, fixed now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Why don't you take it down to the Men's Shed in Mulhuddart, they could well be able to fix it for you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Another suggestion - there's often a wood-turning night class running in Hartstown School - someone from there may be able to repair it.
    I broke up some chairs recently for firewood and may have a similar spindle - I'll check the woodshed if I can get some time at home when there's a bit of light to be had!
    EDIT: there's some in the log basket waiting to be be cremated - any of these similar to yours? Longest one is about 20cm.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭annfield1978

Thanks

This is what I require, so not sure if theres a good fit in your pack of firewood

Regards

• Advertisement

OK give me till the weekend to have a good look through what I have, I've a manic couple of days ahead of me in work so I'll barely see home.

Ok had a good look through what was left (not much) but I don't think the spindles here will suit. They have 2 holes drilled in them & yours just has one central one. Pity.

Advertisement