Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

30 kWh Leaf Slight Delay

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

Mine has arrived in Kilkenny, but it has been imprisoned until Nissan Connect EV gets the green light from Nissan Europe...

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mundogas

Mine arrived today also, same as others. Dealer told not to release car until this Nissan connect issue is fixed.

Rafal wrote: »
    Mine has arrived in Kilkenny, but it has been imprisoned until Nissan Connect EV gets the green light from Nissan Europe...

I must go down so and tell Paul to give me a spin in it ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Dealers have been told NissanConnect fix will be Tuesday at the latest.

Fingers crossed, and I hope much quality beer and pizza has been secured for the Nissan IT teams working overtime this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭steelboots

Fingers crossed, and I hope much quality beer and pizza has been secured for the Nissan IT teams working overtime this weekend.

If they had a proper disaster recovery (DR) plan in place this wouldn't have happened.....

Got a quote from Deansgrange for 30 Kwh SVE Gunmetal Gray.

Have to say I'm thinking seriously bout it.

Will cost me 110 Extra PM was expecting more, so the thinking is pay the extra PM and save the deposit for the Gen II 60 Kwh or whatever is around then.

So now I'm waiting for Barlo to give me a quote.

On good thing is that the work charger will recoup some of the cost by not having to charge at home for my 135 Km commute, so essentially I will commute fro free, yeah terrible logic I know buying another new car but that's the beauty of not paying for fuel. I'd rather put it into the car.

Decisions, decisions.

Will cost me 110 Extra PM was expecting more, so the thinking is pay the extra PM and save the deposit for the Gen II 60 Kwh or whatever is around then.

On good thing is that the work charger will recoup some of the cost by not having to charge at home for my 135 Km commute, so essentially I will commute fro free, yeah terrible logic I know buying another new car but that's the beauty of not paying for fuel. I'd rather put it into the car.

Decisions, decisions.

If you can afford it, just go for it. You deserve one, considering all the hard work you have been doing for the Irish EV community. :)

I should be getting a good discount considering the business I'm sending towards Barlo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I wonder is this part of the reason that Nissan cant quickly resolve their Nissan Connect issues?

http://www.independent.ie/business/technology/nissan-is-latest-victim-as-hackers-take-aim-at-japan-34361988.html

I note that some of you said it was working intermittently which would tally with a Denial of Service type attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Decisions, decisions.

Haggle haggle haggle. I was up around that figure and kept at them.

Who are you dealing with at Deansgrange?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

KCross wrote: »
    I wonder is this part of the reason that Nissan cant quickly resolve their Nissan Connect issues?

http://www.independent.ie/business/technology/nissan-is-latest-victim-as-hackers-take-aim-at-japan-34361988.html

I note that some of you said it was working intermittently which would tally with a Denial of Service type attack.

I doubt it as leaf link is working fine for me which I believe connects to the Asia servers. The issue was the European servers but the promised update was meant to fix the issues not make them worse.

One thing I find actually hilarious is that after I complained several times to Nissan about the issues with Carwings, Brian Purcell told me that the car was fine and carvings was basically just a nice add on and she Nissan are doing their best.

Now they are delaying people collecting their cars because this nice add-on that Nissan Europe haven't cared about has an issue :confused::confused:

Scottie99 wrote: »
    Haggle haggle haggle. I was up around that figure and kept at them.

Who are you dealing with at Deansgrange?

Dealing with Brendan and also trying to get Barlo to match it or do better and already Brendan is offering 350 more trade in so if he's offering this I'm sure he can do better !

Barlo can't really compete with the larger Dublin dealers though. But I'm waiting to hear back on Monday to see what they will offer.

Originally Barlo were coming up with 70 Euro PM more than Deansgrange !

I've had a few issues with the connect app but after 3 - 4 log in attempts it usually logs in fine.

For those of you not following SpeakEV.com, one of the owners of the affected 30 kWh model had a Nissan team spend hours analysing his car. They shared insight into the issue, and it seems that the TCU resets itself and loses the comm configuration data so it can no longer connect to Nissan when it reboots. Read more here: https://speakev.com/threads/new-leaf-deliveries-temporarily-suspended-due-to-nissan-connect-ev-issues.14173/page-4#post-226700

Testing is HARD :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Latest I heard is that the end of this week is what Nissan are hoping for. It is also confirmed the issue is with telematics head unit in the car. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭baktag

Latest I heard is that the end of this week is what Nissan are hoping for. It is also confirmed the issue is with telematics head unit in the car. Fingers crossed!

This has been the longest 3 week of my life, I want my new toy and I want it now, I think Nissan airside will start blocking my number soon

One Leaf owner in the UK described on speakev.com how he had several Nissan technical people with laptops connected to his car at his office car park while they tried to figure out the issue and it appears to an issue with a config file getting corrupted within the head unit!

could be a 30 Kwh owner in a few weeks myself !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

could be a 30 Kwh owner in a few weeks myself !
    If they ever get delivered:mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

I cant believe the Delay in delivery and not a sound from the Dealers anyone know what the state of play is

mylesm wrote: »
    If they ever get delivered:mad::mad:

Well, I'd have to wait until the 3rd week in February anyway. One on the way if I want it in my spec.

SVE 6.6 Kw.

mylesm wrote: »
    I cant believe the Delay in delivery and not a sound from the Dealers anyone know what the state of play is

Same as before. Informal target of this Friday, but no one knows. Dealers frustrated too, and so is Nissan Ireland. :) Me too...my car is waiting all ready in Kilkenny!

Hope it's sorted by the time mine is due 3rd week in February !

Hope it's sorted by the time mine is due 3rd week in February !

So do I... I take it you have ordered, well done! Which dealer, if I may ask, in the end?

So do I... I take it you have ordered, well done! Which dealer, if I may ask, in the end?

Cheers, Went with Deansgrange.

It Pee'd Barlo off, but they couldn't match the deal and as much as I would have loved to gave the sale to Paul again I just couldn't but he wished me well and took it good and even offered me the leaf they already had in stock but unfortunately it only had the 3.3 kw charger and that to me on a 30 kwh battery is a major No No. But it was really nice to offer it to me.

I got about 650 Euro's more trade in and a lot lower GFMV , the lower the GFMV the greater the chance of more equity at the end, and I presume the 30 kwh to me worth more than the 24 Kwh.

I'll have to keep the 30 Kwh at least 2 years this time, it was a bit mental changing 2 years early but for about 100 PM with no deposit I decided the extra range and the faster DC charging would be worth it.

I will save about 35-40 PM by not having to charge at home or during the day at peak rates while working nights. The work charger will provide all my driving for work all 135-140 kms if I go the motorway all the way or most of it then it's about 5-6 Kms longer but 140 Kms for free is excellent.

Of course any fuel savings are wiped out by changing so early but I am an enthusiast and it wouldn't be right for me not to have the 30 kwh at least that's how I justify it lol. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭Fastpud

Just after speaking to dealer and now looking like new week at the earliest for deliveries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭Fastpud

it was a bit mental changing 2 years early

So You're called Mad_Lad for a very good reason then

• Advertisement

Fastpud wrote: »
    So You're called Mad_Lad for a very good reason then

:P

Advertisement