Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

30 kWh Leaf Slight Delay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭steelboots

Good the following in an e-mail from Nissan Ireland yesterday:

The delay stems from a request by Nissan Europe to hold all LEAF as there have been issues with the telematics system.
    This arose as a completely new platform was built that connects the car via the sim card to a global data centre in Japan.
    The cars control unit is failing to connect to the global data centre servers.
    Unfortunately what first seemed to be a small problem turned out on investigation to have a more serious root cause that required some re programming of the telematics control unit .

This problem has now been identified and a software patch fix will be available from next Wednesday at which point all cars will be fixed and released to customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

steelboots wrote: »

The delay stems from a request by Nissan Europe to hold all LEAF as there have been issues with the telematics system.
    This arose as a completely new platform was built that connects the car via the sim card to a global data centre in Japan.
    Unfortunately what first seemed to be a small problem turned out on investigation to have a more serious root cause that required some re programming of the telematics control unit .

This problem has now been identified and a software patch fix will be available from next Wednesday at which point all cars will be fixed and released to customers.

Thanks for posting, I hope you don't mind I reposted on https://speakev.com/threads/new-leaf-deliveries-temporarily-suspended-due-to-nissan-connect-ev-issues.14173/page-9#post-229761

My sources told me that a decision was only due today and the fix was near. You seem to have much more specific data, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

I got the same info roughly. Car is being released on Wednesday but unknown if the patch will be available by then.

UK cars being released the day before.

I got the same info roughly. Car is being released on Wednesday but unknown if the patch will be available by then.

cros13 wrote: »

Oh, Paddy last as usual :(

• Advertisement

Spoke to another source at Nissan. His impression is that the cars will be released Wednesday *without* the patch. Those who want to pick them up can return to a dealer when the patch is released for the patch which "will take about 15 minutes".

Email went out to the dealers at 09:45 this morning that approved releasing the cars next wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

Spoke to another source at Nissan. His impression is that the cars will be released Wednesday *without* the patch. Those who want to pick them up can return to a dealer when the patch is released for the patch which "will take about 15 minutes".

Email went out to the dealers at 09:45 this morning that approved releasing the cars next wednesday.

If they are releasing them without the patch why wait till Wensday:mad::mad:

mylesm wrote: »
    If they are releasing them without the patch why wait till Wensday:mad::mad:

Exactly, why hold the car for two weeks only to release them a day before the patch will be available, makes no sense at all, at the end of the day if we have waited 1-2 weeks one more day won't kill us.

My fear is the IT folk are rewriting the software under pressure, and software written under pressure is generally not good software, so it could have bugs.

The patch may not be available for weeks.

steelboots wrote: »

This seems to imply that a patch will be available Wens and will be applied before Cars are released

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

This seems to imply that a patch will be available Wens and will be applied before Cars are released

I'd say they kept the cars back until they could prove that it wasn't a hardware problem, ie no need to pull the dash out at a later date. A patch can be uploaded in minutes when it becomes available.
    As for the Nissan's statement that the patch will be due next Week, that might be lip service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭Fastpud

Just got the call from the garage. Cars will be released on Wednesday with the patch applied.

Fastpud wrote: »
    Just got the call from the garage. Cars will be released on Wednesday with the patch applied.

Does anyone know what is going on I presume people on here are following the thread on Speakev and there is no word of a fix over there

Are Nissan Ireland pushing the Cars out just to get the Jan Reg figures or is there actually a Fix available

mylesm

I'm still on the side that no fix is available yet.
    One person at Nissan told me it would be available, one said it wouldn't be patched for a few weeks and that CS are still working on it.
    I do a lot of work with systems similar to the TCU on the Leaf (including a telematics product for Deutsche Bahn).
    Unless it's the simplest of fixes it's going to be a while before they have everything tested (who the heel did QA on this in the first place is what I want to know).

My dealer (Windsor) mentioned a 15 minute service visit at an unspecified time in the future to refresh the TCU.

One person at Nissan told me it would be available, one said it wouldn't be patched for a few weeks and that CS are still working on it.
    I do a lot of work with systems similar to the TCU on the Leaf (including a telematics product for Deutsche Bahn).
    Unless it's the simplest of fixes it's going to be a while before they have everything tested (who the heel did QA on this in the first place is what I want to know).

My dealer (Windsor) mentioned a 15 minute service visit at an unspecified time in the future to refresh the TCU.

Then are people just going to accept cars as is

Then are people just going to accept cars as is

I'm accepting it...

I'm accepting it...

Me too !

I'm accepting it...

What are you doing with the I3 ?

What are you doing with the I3 ?

I'm just upgrading my existing Leaf.

My i3.... might be seeing an upgrade to a model S 70D for the 162 reg.

• Advertisement

I'm just upgrading my existing Leaf.

My i3.... might be seeing an upgrade to a model S 70D for the 162 reg.

What price is that after taxes ? Are they still screwing right hand drivers ?

What price is that after taxes ? Are they still screwing right hand drivers ?

€92k... yup, still screwing RHD.

€92k... yup, still screwing RHD.

Wow 92 K is steep for the 70 Kwh.

What's the VRT ? should be 0 VRT on electrics.

They should reduce the VAT too, 23% is a ridiculous amount !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

Dealer advised at 5pm this evening that the patch will be available tomorrow and they expect to release the leafs this weekend.

lets see what tomorrow brings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

Dealer advised at 5pm this evening that the patch will be available tomorrow and they expect to release the leafs this weekend.

lets see what tomorrow brings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

Wow 92 K is steep for the 70 Kwh.

They should reduce the VAT too, 23% is a ridiculous amount !

VRT is only rebated up to €5k worth of itself, so in this case it must add up to a sizeable amount.

I think it's going to be around €11k after the VRT credit, but this would be the first S70D imported so who the hell knows. The credit isn't enough to cover the VRT on a 30kWh SVE Leaf.

My nightmares involve the VRT agents assessing it for the same amount that an owner I met last week just had to pay on his new 161 S P90DL.

Madness, the Government need to eliminate VRT on electrics.

Having said that, the 30 Kwh upgrade on the leaf is free to existing owners making it cost the same as the 24 Kwh.

The Government was extremely quick at reversing the decision to have 0 VRT applied to electrics !

I was scheduled by Dealer to collect at 4pm today just got a call to say its not happening again so as I suspected Irish Dealers trying to rush cars out for Jan Figures Nissan Ireland have now lost all credibility

I posted that there was no talk of a fix on speakev and said this to my Dealer yesterday but no He assured me Today was on to collect

• Advertisement

Boards is annoying the crap out of me , slow and too many duplicate posts !

Advertisement