Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

30 kWh Leaf Slight Delay

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

Steelboots ---just hang in there. I am as frustrated as you but am willing to wait a few weeks. As least you got a courtesy car.
    Nissan have been poorly served by their management both here and in europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭steelboots

Feb 10 is the latest date, don't want to take delivery of a car mid Feb, how does every other Leaf owner to be think ?

Dont mind if it is released around the 10 feb.

Would like Nissan to be more open and honest about the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

I think this post on SpeakEv really says a lot

"This morning, I have spoken with the guy dealing with my case at Nissan. I discussed with him the issues facing customers with different stories and mis-information as well as people talking of cancelling orders or not placing orders and going to other manufacturers. Over app connectivity this is crazy! I have re-iterated that customers are usually a lot more understanding if kept informed on progress. He was astonished at the Nissan Ireland comments and I told him about this thread. He looked it up, read some comments (I know he did as I heard him reading some of the posts out loud) and then said he would read it further and pass it to the management at Nissan to look at. Crossed fingers they will read it and take notice of our concerns"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

You could become a Jedi, or study patience by ordering a 30 kWh LEAF.

I ordered mine in October...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Here was I thinking that I was going to miss all the hassle. My car is due the 3rd or 4th week of Feb - maybe not 😡

Mine is due 18th February, getting worried now !

The dealer ordered it, I hadn't intended buying it a year into the lease on the current leaf. So I don't mind getting it End of February, I'm already driving a Leaf so I'm not too bothered because i will appreciate the extra range, faster charging and the fact the work charge point will meet all my 135-140 Km commute. But I can imagine the frustration of others who have ordered theirs since last October and later.

Mine is due 18th February, getting worried now !

The dealer ordered it, I hadn't intended buying it a year into the lease on the current leaf. So I don't mind getting it End of February, I'm already driving a Leaf so I'm not too bothered because i will appreciate the extra range, faster charging and the fact the work charge point will meet all my 135-140 Km commute. But I can imagine the frustration of others who have ordered theirs since last October and later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Mine is due 18th February.

Jesus, that was a quick turnaround date from the dealer. In the end which garage did you deal with?

From the speak ev forum, from one of the road testers:

Update phone call from Nissan Europe MD office today - still no fix. My next call is expected to be received Monday.

If this is true who is putting out the 10 feb 2016 fix date.

Ans why has the MD Nissan Europe not come on to the forums and spelt out the position or at least issue a statement for circulation on the forums.

communication from Nissan leaves a lot to be desired.

• Advertisement

From the speak ev forum, from one of the road testers:

Update phone call from Nissan Europe MD office today - still no fix. My next call is expected to be received Monday.

If this is true who is putting out the 10 feb 2016 fix date.

Ans why has the MD Nissan Europe not come on to the forums and spelt out the position or at least issue a statement for circulation on the forums.

communication from Nissan leaves a lot to be desired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

The dealers are telling people the 10th of Feb.

But the mail the dealers got states only that the next "target date" for a fix is the 10th.

The expectation that the dealers were going to be allowed release the cars on Wednesday came from an email based on info from Zero Emissions team in Nissan Europe to Nissan Ireland on Tuesday that stated:
    The latest update we have from Nissan Europe is that the software upgrade for the Telematics will become available on eNews tomorrow afternoon. The final sign off is due at lunch time and we will advise you immediately after this.

Please be assured that the Zero Emissions team are doing everything possible to speed up the resolution of this problem and that we will send you a summary update on all the impacts once we have the solution confirmed.

Some of the dealers started registering cars Wednesday morning expecting the release of the patch.

Scottie99 wrote: »
    Jesus, that was a quick turnaround date from the dealer. In the end which garage did you deal with?

They had the car on order already. went with Deans grange after, though the deal isn't absolute at this minute but as good as, just have to settle with RCI Banque and all that.

Barlo in kilkenny couldn't match the deal , they were not happy but in the end ye go where the best deal is.

At least they offered me a 30 Kwh they had in stock already if I wanted it but unfortunately it has the 3.3 kw.

Deans Grange were quiet keen to get my SVE with the 6.6 Kw charger !

Is there an email address for Nissan Ireland Customer Services besides just the message box on their web page
    mylesm

cros13 wrote: »
    The dealers are telling people the 10th of Feb.

But the mail the dealers got states only that the next "target date" for a fix is the 10th.

The expectation that the dealers were going to be allowed release the cars on Wednesday came from an email based on info from Zero Emissions team in Nissan Europe to Nissan Ireland on Tuesday that stated:

Some of the dealers started registering cars Wednesday morning expecting the release of the patch.

They starting registering before that I got my Reg no on the 26th which was Tues

Just saw this on Speak EV

"Horray!! My dealership have had their first update from Nissan since the hold on 13th January. They passed it on to me and it reads as follows:-

The telematics concern is now understood. A concern with the TCU (Telematics Control Unit) hardware leads to the unit occasionally re-booting un-necessarily. This causes a temporary or permanent loss of service. The countermeasure will require the part to be replaced. Nissan is currently sourcing parts and the required software to change the component. This bulletin will be updated as soon as the countermeasure is available to be applied to affected customer/stock vehicles. Timing for this is not finalised but it is anticipated that parts should be available mid-February"

That implies that the Head Unit will have to be replaced now of course this has to be taken with a pinch of salt as Nissan are being very coy with info but if it does require the head unit replacing that was always my concern a software update is easy but not too sure about some of the dealers pulling the dash apart on my brand new car anyone else hear any news

"Diesel remains the most popular engine type with 69.3 per cent of sales, but that is down from nearly 72 per cent last year. There has been a slight pick up in petrol sales, rising to 28.9 per cent of the market. Electric cars sales have fallen back, with just 50 sold last month compared to 115 for January last year, but this may be accounted for in the growth in sales of plug-in hybrids models, recording 619 registrations last month compared to 358 for the same time last year. "
    From todays Irish times.

With around 100 Nissan Leafs unregistered and undelivered no wonder ev sales are down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

What are you basing the 100 Leaf figure on?

With 16 in one dublin dealer and 11 dealers in total in ROI--(3 in Dublin)
    its not too unrealistic to approximate around 100 in total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

I had a brief chat with Nissan Ireland earlier today, pretty much confirming post #167. It was also confirmed that the existing hold on the cars already at dealerships will not be released until the fix is in place. I also heard that affected Irish customers may be getting a gesture of goodwill in the form of 3 years of free servicing—but this, and everything else, still need to be confirmed in a further communication from Nissan Ireland to dealers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭feichin

"affected Irish customers may be getting a gesture of goodwill in the form of 3 years of free servicing"

Having to wait until some unspecified time in mid February for a car that was supposed to be delivered in mid January, I don't 3 years free servicing on a car that is supposed to need minimal servicing could be regarded as much of a jesture!!!

I probably won't get mine until March then !

feichin wrote: »
    "affected Irish customers may be getting a gesture of goodwill in the form of 3 years of free servicing"

Having to wait until some unspecified time in mid February for a car that was supposed to be delivered in mid January, I don't 3 years free servicing on a car that is supposed to need minimal servicing could be regarded as much of a jesture!!!

I agree. 3 year free servicing on a car sold for its minimal servicing is not much of an offer.
    They need to re consider their position.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭steelboots

RGS wrote: »
    I agree. 3 year free servicing on a car sold for its minimal servicing is not much of an offer.
    They need to re consider their position.

If I don't get my Leaf by the latest date of Feb 10th I'm pushing hard for some extra "gifts", or I'm pulling out. I was only offered 2 years free service....

Looks like theres progress and a possible breakthrough.

This info appeared on the speak ev forum:

"Monday update from Nissan Europe MD's office - they have a fix coming!

Parts are shipping to Nissan dealers for those cars that have been released already week commencing 9 February, but this doesn't mean we'll get the fix that week as the software needs to be applied to the hardware.

Owners with cars already on the road will be contacted to arrange install when possible."

Lets see what develops.

Looks like theres progress and a possible breakthrough.

This info appeared on the speak ev forum:

"Monday update from Nissan Europe MD's office - they have a fix coming!

Parts are shipping to Nissan dealers for those cars that have been released already week commencing 9 February, but this doesn't mean we'll get the fix that week as the software needs to be applied to the hardware.

Owners with cars already on the road will be contacted to arrange install when possible."

Lets see what develops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭mr.dunkey

People seem to be quiet calm here about this, I would be raging, if was a Tv, sofa but its a 25/30k euro car. The car in March will be devalued in 3 months by thousands. They offer you free servicing! the price of a pollen filter.

I know its not the dealerships fault, but they should of released the cars and done a recall when all was well.

I hope it gets sorted for all customers waiting, I would hold on a year and get a used 30 kw battery for a bigger saving.

• Advertisement

mr.dunkey wrote: »

I hope it gets sorted for all customers waiting, I would hold on a year and get a used 30 kw battery for a bigger saving.

There won't be any to buy 2nd hand if people cancel their orders this year !

Advertisement